PDA

View Full Version : .223 ordered

lopeha
02-26-2014, 04:25 PM
Finally took the plunge & ordered a lefty in .223. Hope to have it next weekend. Have a Weaver Nitrex 3x9-42 scope on the way. Will get it shot in & start saving for a Boyd's stock. Priced the one I'd like to get & it would be about $400. May have to not go so fancy. Still trying to decide whether to do the trigger mod or just get an accutrigger take off from SSS.

n4ue
02-26-2014, 04:58 PM
Iffn' I were you, I'd do the $1 trigger job since it's reverseable. If you are unhappy, spring for the Accutrigger.
I have both and I much prefer the modified stock trigger. But that's just my opinion.......

ron

lopeha
02-26-2014, 05:29 PM
Always looking for tips from folks who have the experience.

lopeha
03-08-2014, 10:48 AM
Picked it up last night! Will work on setting it up this afternoon. Have a Weaver Nitrex 3x9x42 scope to mount on it. Trying to decide which Boyd's stock to put on it - Classic or Prairie Hunter. Sure like the looks of the Nutmeg color! Will post a pic or two when I get the build done.

lopeha
03-08-2014, 10:49 AM
An afterthought - Would getting a SSS recoil lug be a good investment to put into the Boyd's stock?

Stockrex
03-08-2014, 10:57 AM
Recoil lugs don't do anything
The trigger is like 8 lbs or something, the spring is really stiff. Read about spring replacement using an ace hardware spring.

lopeha
03-08-2014, 04:55 PM
I have been looking at the thread about the spring. Will do that after I shoot it in a bit. Thanks for the info about the recoil lug. How about "bedding" in the stock. As you can tell I'm a newbie at most of this stuff.

J.Baker
03-08-2014, 11:55 PM
An afterthought - Would getting a SSS recoil lug be a good investment to put into the Boyd's stock?

Can't put an SSS (or any other brand) recoil lug on an Axis unless you pull the barrel and machine the face of the action back so it's flat all the way around.