PDA

View Full Version : lapua naturalis on deer

bushwackr
02-26-2014, 12:05 AM
I was flipping thru a little add in a box of lapua brass and I seen that they have there own version of copper bullet . they call it a naturalis. Has anyone tried these on deer sized game. They are spendy I know that.

thermaler
02-27-2014, 09:46 AM
I was flipping thru a little add in a box of lapua brass and I seen that they have there own version of copper bullet . they call it a naturalis. Has anyone tried these on deer sized game. They are spendy I know that.Interesting design--at first glance doesn't seem to have the BC efficiency of a Barnes--copper stays together better than lead but I wonder how well it flies.

Stockrex
02-27-2014, 10:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17PaafVyMJc

definitely not a 850 yard mouse hunt bullet but I have a few for my 9.3, did not get a chance to use them yet.

thermaler
02-27-2014, 12:07 PM
Flat-point look but wide hollow-point design--looks like a game death-hammer fer sure but I'm guessing likes to be driven fast for accuracy.

handirifle
06-11-2014, 01:28 AM
Not a long range design, but for the closer shots it would be a hammer. Ballistics would really fall off past 150yds, but pushed to 308 speeds it ought to be a decent 200yd bullet. If longer shots are anticipated, I'd look at other brands.