PDA

View Full Version : SWFA Trade-In Dealie

Silvercrow1
02-25-2014, 09:15 AM
I tried looking this up in this forum- maybe not wording it right...?
Has anyone taken advantage of the SWFA "Trade in anything of value" offer that they have? How did it work for you? How long till you hear from them? Did you feel you got a fair price?

I want to get the SWFA 10x42 scope ($299.00) for my MK II in .22LR. I filled out the form seeing what they would give me for my less than one year old Nikon Prostaff Rimfre BDC 150 3-9x40. They insisted on an asking price so I put what I though would be the high end of fair. Anyone guess what an actual fair price would be used in excellent condition?

I DONT WANT TO VIOLATE ANY FORUM RULES- JUST WANT TO WORK A DEAL WITH SWFA.

Any feedback? Thanks lots!

Brian

LoneWolf
02-25-2014, 11:22 AM
I traded up the 10x42 Mil-dot with side focus straight up only paying shipping for their 12x42 Mil-quad. Once a scope has been mounted on a rifle they won't give you as much. But, they were always quick responsive and willing to deal. I was happy with the trade in the end and the advantage the Mil-Quad reticle gace me over the previous standard Mil-dot.

SK13R
02-25-2014, 11:50 AM
Just an FYI... They are all out of the 10's right now, but they are expecting a batch here in march. So, if that's what you want, I'd try and get a order in ASAP (I have a BO in hence me knowing ;) ) The 10's seem to sell out fast. My buddy had one on back order for 2 months before switching to a different scope to get something in his hands.

Silvercrow1
02-25-2014, 03:00 PM
Just an FYI... They are all out of the 10's right now, but they are expecting a batch here in march. So, if that's what you want, I'd try and get a order in ASAP (I have a BO in hence me knowing ;) ) The 10's seem to sell out fast. My buddy had one on back order for 2 months before switching to a different scope to get something in his hands.

OH CRAP! Figures! Any suggestion for a similar scope? Looking for fixed power, finer crosshair and not breaking the bank...thanks Brian.

SK13R
02-25-2014, 03:09 PM
Maybe do the 6x? Those usually are easier to get a hold of I've noticed. Or maybe a 12x? What sort of features are you looking for other than the cross hair and about the $300 range? I've been doing allot of looking for myself and to meet what I was looking for, the SWFA SS was worth the wait. Budget(250-350), mil style cross hair & exposed turrets were what I was looking for. I am replacing a Vortex Diamondback 4-12 that I'm moving to my MKII .22 that is a nice scope with zero settable turrets with a standard duplex reticle. The redfield revenges are pretty dang nice too for the cost. But, the DB and redfeilds don't have the reticle or turret I was wanting. Neither of those are fixed either though... Tom

Silvercrow1
02-25-2014, 03:33 PM
Maybe do the 6x? Those usually are easier to get a hold of I've noticed. Or maybe a 12x? What sort of features are you looking for other than the cross hair and about the $300 range? I've been doing allot of looking for myself and to meet what I was looking for, the SWFA SS was worth the wait. Budget(250-350), mil style cross hair & exposed turrets were what I was looking for. I am replacing a Vortex Diamondback 4-12 that I'm moving to my MKII .22 that is a nice scope with zero settable turrets with a standard duplex reticle. The redfield revenges are pretty dang nice too for the cost. But, the DB and redfeilds don't have the reticle or turret I was wanting. Neither of those are fixed either though... Tom

Hey Tom- looking for just what you are. Spoke with the guys there just now and found they had the 12x42 available-so I went with that. They have two "Demo-A" 16x42 units for $269.00 each but I thought that would be a bit TOO much power-wise. I went ahead and ordered before they checked out my trade- figured that if worse came to worse I could sell the Nikon privately.

BTW- a guy named "Ridge" said the 10x42s would be in in approximately 20 days- for those of you who are waiting.

Brian

chukarmandoo
02-25-2014, 03:37 PM
Ya! A Bushnell 10x40 mil/mil or moa/moa for around $200.

Never mind. Sorry didn't read the whole thread.

SK13R
02-25-2014, 03:40 PM
Hey Tom- looking for just what you are. Spoke with the guys there just now and found they had the 12x42 available-so I went with that. They have two "Demo-A" 16x42 units for $269.00 each but I thought that would be a bit TOO much power-wise. I went ahead and ordered before they checked out my trade- figured that if worse came to worse I could sell the Nikon privately.

BTW- a guy named "Ridge" said the 10x42s would be in in approximately 20 days- for those of you who are waiting.

Brian

Cool. Enjoy your scope! Let me know how it is. This is my first SWFA product so I'm pretty anxious. And thanks for the heads up on days left!

Silvercrow1
02-25-2014, 10:45 PM
Cool. Enjoy your scope! Let me know how it is. This is my first SWFA product so I'm pretty anxious. And thanks for the heads up on days left!

No problem! I heard somewhere (old guy syndrome- "CRS") that at lease some of the SWFA models were made to compete for military contracts in this country. I've heard nothing but good things about them and had never before considered a fixed scope. BUT THEN I read where you generally get better glass in fixed scopes as a lot of money is not being dropped on the zoom system. And less moving parts- less to go wrong. Finally it occurred to me that on all my scopes, which are variable power, I always either have 'em maxed out or in shorter distances, set at a "sweet spot" power- where I'm getting the magnification I want and the picture is bright / clear.

Thats my story and I'm sticking to it! Gonna practice in case I have to 'splain to my loving wife...:cower:

Brian