PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: Good Sling for a Mark IIG

Hurryin Hoosier
03-13-2010, 08:54 PM
Any recommendations on a good shooting sling (not just a carrying strap) for a Mark IIG?

82boy
03-14-2010, 03:08 PM
I like military slings.

Uncle Jack
03-14-2010, 05:12 PM
I just bought a couple....good quality leather.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250577320501

uj

King Ghidora
03-16-2010, 05:38 PM
I like cloth type slings but they are hard to find. I usually end up buying an original Super Sling (1" wide) because they are quick to adjust and have a good solid feel to them when I'm putting pressure on them. I don't use the standard method of using a sling though. I use a variation of the Very Hasty technique. I basically just wrap the sling around my arm at the wrist and put pressure there. It's much faster to get in that position and it helps me to hold steady a lot. IMO it takes too long to get into the Deliberate Sling. I put my elbow against my side and wrap the sling around my hand and wrist at the point I'm holding the stock. This gives me the added support of my elbow having a rest point and it gives me tension on my sling pulling back toward me. It's also tension that is pulling straight back instead of off to the side like you get in the Deliberate Sling position. I've been able to pull my MkII FV well off zero using my method which is why I bought a Boyd's thumbhole stock. I don't have that problem anymore but still I think my being able to pull my rifle off zero using my sling method shows it will give you a lot of tension.