PDA

View Full Version : B-Mag Series: Post BMag problem resolution stories here

Black Hog Down
02-22-2014, 04:11 PM
Who has sent their BMag back to Savage? What was the problem? How was it handled?

I had a problem where the rifle would not c*** on close. It also would also not feed cartridges from the magazine into the chamber. They replaced the stock and magazine. I had noticed that the stock was real flimsy and would flex when I pulled the trigger. I guess this was causing my problem?

Only beef I have with savage is lack of communication they received the rifle, fixed it, and sent it back without a word to me as to the status.

gsperaz
02-22-2014, 06:35 PM
I used the website, to communicate with savage. Now that its fixed does it shoot good ? That's the real question.

archerhmr
02-23-2014, 11:14 AM
I sent mine back at end of Nov. with accuracy issues. With no word i contacted them at beginning of Jan. Since then i pretty much call every week or so. That i know of, they have recieved 4 different rifles to replace mine. None have met accuracy specs. Still waiting. I am glad they are testing them, but this does tell me they have problems. Hopefully when one finally arrives it will be a shooter.

CarlC
02-25-2014, 05:26 PM
I sent mine back Feb. 6 because the action screw, escutcheon, and barrel lug were all seized up together still on the plastic stock.. I was removing the stock to replace it with a Boyds thumbhole featherweight. As I never fired the gun, I asked them to also check for accuracy and ejection issues because I knew there had been problems in the past on some guns. I called each week to check on progress. Yesterday the lady told me my gun had been fixed late last week and had passed the shooting test early this week. She thought it would be sent out later this week. Even though I didn't have much of a problem Savage couldn't have been any nicer to work with.

Poor Shot
03-04-2014, 11:32 PM
I UPS'd mine on 1/31/14 and they got it on 2/5/14. The problem was that it wouldn't cock (it did in the store but not when I got it home) so in the two weeks I had it , I never got to fire it. I got it back today, 3/4/14 by UPS. This is what the piece of paper that came with it said:

SER001 Repair
SER211C Function Fire_Passed
SER092C Headspace - Good
SER018C Replace Small Parts
SER034C Clean And Check Complete (Bolt Action)

So, what was repaired? What small parts were replaced? Since I had marked the stock, I noticed it was replaced with another 'flexie' stock. I wonder why since the stock was not the problem.:confused:
I still have not fired it, but at least it cocks now..

Black Hog Down
03-11-2014, 07:26 AM
Poor Shot, those are the EXACT same repairs I got. New stock for me too. This one is less flexie than the original (I think). Seems to shoot pretty well ... so I am happy for now.

Sniper Steve
03-11-2014, 04:29 PM
I got a new stock but the barrel still heats up and scatters 4" groups at 100yrds. I'm gonna get the heavy barrel and wrap this one around a tree!

Jeremy B
03-11-2014, 06:52 PM
I got a new stock but the barrel still heats up and scatters 4" groups at 100yrds. I'm gonna get the heavy barrel and wrap this one around a tree!

It depends on what you want to use it for, for most hunting you shouldn't need to shoot a lot in a small amount of time(pdog's might be different). I don't remember ever heating a barrel up while hunting

rsh4364
03-11-2014, 08:25 PM
I wonder if we used our collective pressure,if we could entice someone to market an aftermarket heavy barrel.

gsperaz
03-12-2014, 08:17 AM
I handled a new Bmag at LGS yesterday serial # 330,xxx.The stock is just as bad as mine when I received it back in November. Flimsy forearm and against the barrel on the left side. What a shame.

Sniper Steve
03-12-2014, 08:41 AM
It depends on what you want to use it for, for most hunting you shouldn't need to shoot a lot in a small amount of time(pdog's might be different). I don't remember ever heating a barrel up while hunting
I agree with you but I'm still trying to zero it in so if it won't hold a group its been a nightmare. I've never had a project like this with any rifle I'm trading mine in.

archerhmr
03-15-2014, 04:55 PM
After 3 1/2 months I finally recieved a new rifle back from Savage. That I know of, this was the 4th rifle they had tested to replace the one I sent in. This one does have the new black model stock, had a better trigger pull, 2 1/4 pounds, and was fully free floated on the barrel all the way back to the reciever. All I did was put on a scope and take it to the range. My original rifle shot 3-4" groups. This is about 1 1/2" with both the 20 and 25 grain stuff. Not what I had hoped. A lot of vertical stringing. Since they were testing and rejecting different rifles for the one that met spec, I was hoping I would have a true 1" gun. For now it is just going in the safe.

hunter5567
03-16-2014, 01:23 PM
I bought a used one out of the local forum and have shot it at 50 yards only so far. I was shooting 1.5" groups at 50 yards.
I used my redneck Macgiver skills and took a used spark plug wire left over from a tuneup and cut a ring of rubber off the end of the wire.
I slipped that down the barrel and put it between the barrel and forend and it shrank the groups down to 3/4" at 50 yards.
These groups were measure outside to outside so subtract .172 to get group size.
PS Savage just brought a heavy barrel model.