PDA

View Full Version : New Vortex PST 6-24x50

bflee
02-20-2014, 09:21 PM
It finally arrived! I got my scope today but I am still waiting on my EGW base. It has shipped out and should be here soon. I was really hoping to have it by the weekend but its not going to happen. When I get it mounted on the 12 LRP I will be sure to give a full range report. I hope I can stretch it out to 500 next weekend. I can shoot to 200 in my yard but I am headed to my cousin's field for a real test after i sight her in.

Luke45
02-20-2014, 09:52 PM
i have one of those, and i love it. shot to 600 with it a few times now and is very clear. One word of advice, ive found it easier to shoot on about 18X.(more rocksolid and easier to control trigger)

bflee
02-20-2014, 09:54 PM
I have looked at it just a couple minutes this afternoon and I could tell that from the start Luke45. I appreciate the advice. I thought it would be a little easier on the rifle!

bflee
02-20-2014, 09:59 PM
I told this story a while back but I cant resist:
My buddy at work was was telling me about a young fellow hunting with him. A deer walked out in front of him in a box stand and he aimed at him in the scope. When he pulled the trigger the scope dropped to the floor and the deer was still standing there. The fellow then picked up the scope and held it on top of his rifle after shucking in a new round and proceded to shoot again while holding it and looking through it!
I dont believe I would hunt anywhere near him!