PDA

View Full Version : sold price in member classifieds

foxx
02-19-2014, 09:43 PM
I have a question for members who sell in the classifieds...

Why are the selling prices of goods sold so often deleted from the ad after sale? Just for future reference, and general background info purposes, I find it informative to see what prices things are going for.

Is it considered "bad form" to leave the sales price listed?

Just curious.

Hotolds442
02-20-2014, 01:03 PM
I also like to use sold prices as a reference. SPF is really vague when determining values, especially when you can't ask what something is worth here. I don't have a problem with that policy, it's there for a good reason, but think prices should remain on sold items as part of that policy.

thomae
02-20-2014, 01:14 PM
The Savage Shooters leadership does not ask that members delete the price when an item is sold. In fact, one of the reasons we have a "sold Items" category, is so folks can search it and do research on relatively current prices.

Personally, I think it would be nice for sellers to leave the price in their sold posts.
I really don't know why some of the sellers insist on deleting the prices.
...and, no, it is not considered "bad form" to leave the selling prices in the ads.

fgw_in_fla
02-20-2014, 01:19 PM
You're not gonna make go back & put all those prices back in on all that stuff I sold in past few years, are ya?....

Hotolds442
02-20-2014, 01:23 PM
Only you Frank!

fgw_in_fla
02-20-2014, 01:28 PM
What????

I'm just sitting here feeling like 137 miles of bad road and you have to harass me. Leave the old sick guy alone.
And I'm almost out of Nyquil.

Anybody gotta cigarette? One good hit off a Winston with the filter cut off should get those lungs cleared out.

thomae
02-20-2014, 01:34 PM
Frank, you'd better not. I'll have to drive all the way down there to slap some sense into you if you start backsliding. You are doing fine without the cigarettes, you can tough out one more day at a time. I know you can.

mazda3gun
02-20-2014, 02:05 PM
I agree with OP as well. I've bought to much as it is for my Savage's (YEAH RIGHT!), but a fair price is nice to see.

Not to get totally off topic and hijack, but keep it up fgw! I'm still going strong with no cigs!