PDA

View Full Version : 22 LR blues

Pages : 1 [2]

mazda3gun
03-11-2014, 09:06 AM
+1, Mr. Baker!!!!

Sounds like an uber-shameless website plug...
The only place you won't get ripped off, is in a store that isn't inflating, provided they have any in stock.

It's making a comeback here in Eastern KY. All ammo is, to a degree.

stomp442
03-11-2014, 10:44 AM
Well I actually found some sunday morning. I talked to the gal that works the sporting goods at my local walmart and she told me that they were expecting some on sunday and that I should be there early to beat the "same old guys" that are there every morning. Well I arrived at 6am and was still 3rd in line. Guys in front of me were talking about how much ammo had been coming in this past week so I asked them what they were doing with it all and of course they say they just shoot a lot. I called their bs and told them it was guys like them thats making it so hard for the average guy that would just like to go plink every once and awhile. He then told me he had no sympathy for anyone without 22 ammo and that they can come in early everyday like he does and get it. Well as the ammo was brought out from the back at 7am he made a phone call and simply said its here and within minutes 5 or 6 guys come barreling in to join the already large group of people. They had a three box limit per customer and I was able to score three 550 federal bulk packs at $24.97/box last time I was able to get a bulk pack cost me $14.97. I stuck around after I made the purchase just to see what would happen and sure enough the guy in front of me starts trying to sell the ammo he just bought to the guys that were unlucky enough to get some. What a piece of work

mazda3gun
03-11-2014, 04:15 PM
stomp442, consider yourself lucky that the employee even told you a time AND a day. I've forgotten Walmart for 22, I'll buy their 40, but no 22's anymore.
I couldn't hold my composure nearly as well as you did either, I would've probably gotten kicked out and got no ammo lol!

The one LGS here will apparently order and hold as many bulk boxes of Remington you want @ $35 per 500rnds. Best deal I've seen anywhere. Wally may be cheaper, but I work for a living 8-5 Mon-Fri, so standing in line when trucks show up aren't on my schedule. I'm not much of a morning person, so weekends are no good either.

A_Gamehog
03-11-2014, 11:48 PM
yamaha3gun

Sounds like an uber-shameless website plug..

If you had sense you would now that link actually sends you to a compilation of 20-40 websites. Not one specific. lol !!!