PDA

View Full Version : Ok more help

new hunter
02-19-2014, 12:08 PM
I have been reading on here and seen something that cought my eye. I have a axis 308 with the camo stock. I replaced the scope with a new Nikon. And put a bipod on. With that all done now here is what I'm not sure about.
1) I see on here that people are putting on lighter triggers . should I do that and how do I do that. This is my first hunting rifle.a little back ground
2) with my bipod on now I have been reading about the stock should I replace that. Or some how make it stronger or just leave it alone.
Any help with this would be great. Will be hunting deer and pig.

RP12
02-19-2014, 12:13 PM
Both of your questions are answered in the FAX section.:thumb:

jlnft
02-19-2014, 12:35 PM
I have the same rifle. Any modifications you do to your rifle are just a bonus(most of the time). Your rifle is perfectly capable of shooting or hunting with, right out of the box. Personally, I make most of the mods because I like to tinker with my rifle to get everything I can out of them. My 308 out of the box with bipod and factory ammo was shooting groups of 1"-1 1/2"" @ 100yds out of the box. I've played with it long enough now to make it sub MOA. But is the 1/2"-3/4" reduction in my groups worth it...........you are the only one that can make that call!

fgw_in_fla
02-19-2014, 12:44 PM
New Hunter - Check your PM's....
I sent you some info.

scope eye
02-19-2014, 12:48 PM
New hunter, what ever Frank sent you, take it with a grain of salt:der:

Signed
Franks ex wife

fgw_in_fla
02-19-2014, 12:53 PM
Dean - It's good thing I'm down for the count with a nasty cold today or I might have had my feelings hurt. I'm a very sensitive individual, you know.

Where's that bottle of Nyquil?....

03mossy
02-19-2014, 01:22 PM

Signed
Franks ex wife

LOL Burn of the year so far!!

new hunter I think at this point trigger time would be more important than more mods. Get your self a bunch of ammo and just get out there shooting it as is. Then you will know if and when you do the next mods you will be able to tell the difference and why its an improvement.

Hotolds442
02-19-2014, 01:39 PM

Signed
Franks ex wife

Wow, that one was good!

scope eye
02-19-2014, 01:41 PM
I will be here all week, don't forget to tip your waitress.LOL

Spanky jr

fgw_in_fla
02-19-2014, 01:44 PM
I will be here all week, don't forget to tip your waitress.LOL

Spanky jr

Great....
It must've snowed in Mass-a-too-chi again. Dean will be loitering here all week.
Kinda like having reoccurring warts.

Hotolds442
02-19-2014, 01:50 PM
Since I can't start a new thread to ask, can one of you guys try to start a test thread in the off topic section, I can't start a new thread on any of my devices.

scope eye
02-19-2014, 02:23 PM
I just tried and can't seem to start a new thread either.

Boo Hoo

I think the government is behind this.

Dean

Hotolds442
02-19-2014, 02:46 PM
I sent Thomae and Jim a pm, they're aware of it.

thomae
02-19-2014, 11:48 PM
Looks as if things are finally back to normal. Think it was probably weather related.

Now, lets's get back to topic!
Dean and Frank, you boys settle down now, ya hear?
:cool:

new hunter
02-20-2014, 03:55 AM
Frank do you have a video out yet showing how and what all you did.

new hunter
02-20-2014, 03:55 AM
Also how hard is it to put a new trigger in

fgw_in_fla
02-20-2014, 04:15 AM
Frank do you have a video out yet showing how and what all you did.

Take the rifle apart. You'll see how easy it is.
So simple an Axis owner can do it.....

Same goes for the trigger. Search the thread. There's a few guys here that have reworked the trigger with good results.

PS - I am technologically challenged. I only recently got a digital camera. I don't see a video in the immediate future.