PDA

View Full Version : AR or AK?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

wbm
02-24-2014, 04:10 PM
That wasn't due to a bad firearm but rather poor shooting discipline.

It was. The VC in Nam did a bit better for sure.

Stockrex
02-24-2014, 04:16 PM
Why did they go to a 3 shot burst on the ar?

AZ_GUN_NUT
02-24-2014, 04:54 PM
Why did they go to a 3 shot burst on the ar?

During Nam they discovered that the number of rounds fired to number of hits/kills was too high. So they came up with the 3rd burst to keep the guys from spraying and praying. Then they found out the the troops figure out how to disable the 3rd burst and did away with it.

snowgetter1
02-24-2014, 09:16 PM
Thank God this is in the off topic. .....But, I was an advisor to an Afghan infantry battalion and they had poor shooting discipline. After we transitioned them to M-16A2s they really began to shoot a whole lot better. It was just easier for them to control it than an AK. But, the Afghans made their money with RPGs, PKMs, and recoilless rifles anyway.

mazda3gun
02-25-2014, 09:39 AM
AHEM! *cough cough*
:focus: Some fat man with 2 full-auto AK's, what happened in 'Nam with M16's, and Afghan infantry that can't shoot aren't cohesive to what I'm wanting/needing to know fellas. BTW, it was really hard to not express my feelings of hatred in the use of racial slurs and/or being a total horses' ass.
I got flagged once already, not long ago, because I spoke how I felt and expressed freedom of speech about 22 ammo and mentioned a certain person that has affected the ammo/firearm crisis as a whole. -what that vaguely specific enough to keep from getting more points?

thomae
02-25-2014, 11:08 AM
This has run it's course.

I'm closing the thread before it really spins out of control.

Thanks for those who actually contributed useful information to the OP.