PDA

View Full Version : Burris vs Bushenell vs Vortex

GA-SURVEYOR
03-12-2010, 07:03 PM
Hello I am looking for a new tactical scope and was wondering if anyone can make a comparison between the Burris Fullfield II tactical the fullfield tac 30 the bushnell 3200 tactical and the Vortex optics. I hear many good things about the bushnell and Vortex but the Burris is also in the same price range but very little is said about them ??? I am plan to put it on a 243 shooting the heavy bergers and amax's

dcloco
03-12-2010, 07:11 PM
Minimum requirements for scopes:

Fully Multi Coated lenses - if manufacturer does not specifically list these exact words, keep looking for another scope.

Internal adjustment - More is better. 50 MOA will barely cut it for a "tactical" rifle (223 or 308 are common chamberings). You should be able to reach 1000 yards from a 100 yard zero without being at the bottom or the top end of the adjustment range. Prefer a 90 or 100 MOA adjustable scope.

Find out what adjustments the scope is actually calibrated in - MOA or MIL or their own - you will need to know when "dialing up". :)

Find out what the mildots are calibrated in as well - MOA/MIL/or their own. You want MOA/MOA or MIL/MIL - don't get a scope that uses a MOA for dial up and MIL for the mildots.

GA-SURVEYOR
03-12-2010, 07:18 PM
Mostly I am wanting to know peoples different opinions about ruggedness and glass quality and personal experience with the scopes. Glass quality/clarity in low light and ability to retain and or return to zero.

jlcpls
03-12-2010, 07:43 PM
I've used a number of Burris Products, and always found them reliable, good return to zero, and rugged.

I've never got into the tactical models though, but did use the ballistic plex and ballistic mil-dots.

Those plex's work just like stadia, doncha know..... ;)

jamiermoore
03-12-2010, 09:26 PM
I have a Bushnell Elite 4200 6-24 x 50 Tactical that has been very good-clear, solid clicks, and repeatable.

thunderchief
03-13-2010, 12:06 AM
I have two Burris Black Diamonds, one in 8-32 and the other in 6-24. I also have two Bushnell Elite 3200's, one in 7-21x40 and the other 10x40. They are all great scopes. I am having a similar issue myself though. I like the Burris's but there is nothing wrong with trying something new, is there?? I want to try an Elite 4200 Tactical in 6-24 or one of the Vortex Vipers in 6-2?. But I haven't physically looked at either one of them. I am stuck myself...

psharon97
03-13-2010, 03:54 AM
when such a delima presents itself, buy both. You'll sure to get the scope you want that way lol.