PDA

View Full Version : "Big Brown" lost my rifle??

Texas Solo
02-16-2014, 05:53 PM
I have a new rifle on order from Bud's. My rifle was shipped to my FFL last Friday, which is also where I work.
UPS tracking shows pick-up in KY, then on too 2 stops in TN, then....back to KY??????

Delivery date was originally set for Tuesday the 18th, per the online tracking. Now it says that delivery data is not available!!!!!!!!!

I called UPS when I saw the second KY scan to ask what's going on. This chick was useless. No explanation for the back tracking and couldn't even tell me where my package is currently at. All she could say was that it was shipped via the best route, whatever that was. Excuse me? Ky to TN to KY, and then on to TX? Yeah, very efficient.

I think someone screwed the pooch here and won't admit it. Details are posted below. If anyone here works for UPS and can explain the KY scan on the 14th, I'd really appreciate knowing what's going on.

Local Time
Activity

Lexington, KY, United States
02/14/2014
4:02 P.M.
Agent pickup; in transit to UPS facility

Memphis, TN, United States
02/14/2014
8:26 A.M.
Arrival Scan

Nashville, TN, United States
02/14/2014
3:21 A.M.
Departure Scan

02/14/2014
1:49 A.M.
Arrival Scan

Lexington, KY, United States
02/13/2014
11:46 P.M.
Departure Scan

02/13/2014
7:31 P.M.
Origin Scan

02/13/2014
4:08 P.M.
Agent pickup; in transit to UPS facility.

United States
02/13/2014
4:12 P.M.
Order Processed: Ready for UPS

thomae
02-16-2014, 06:01 PM
Perhaps they were shipping to an air hub and the Wx delayed them so it was returned to Ky.

There is no way to know, but give them a while to sort things out. They are generally a good company and will work hard to make things right.

Hotolds442
02-16-2014, 06:01 PM
Maybe Bud's recalled the package for some reason?

AZ_GUN_NUT
02-16-2014, 06:02 PM
It could be that the delivery address was obliterated on the label so they sent it back to the shipper?

Texas Solo
02-16-2014, 06:06 PM
I wish I was that optimistic. But common sense (too me) says that if it's delayed for weather, it would sit in Memphis awhile. No sense in returning it to Ky. I still want to know why the UPS chick couldn't locate my package. That's what troubles me.

fgw_in_fla
02-16-2014, 07:15 PM
2 weeks ago I had a package MIA in Ohio for 3 days due to weather. After the storm, the tracking info didn't match the delivery schedule. The bad weather has been causing quite a few delays.
Best bet - Call the UPS 1-800 number & they'll update you. Tracking site isn't always up to snuff.

RP12
02-16-2014, 07:15 PM
I wish I was that optimistic. But common sense (too me) says that if it's delayed for weather, it would sit in Memphis awhile. No sense in returning it to Ky. I still want to know why the UPS chick couldn't locate my package. That's what troubles me.I had the same thing a while back with USPS. My package did show up 4 days later than expected.

Bharada
02-16-2014, 07:54 PM
Make sure that you tell the UPS rep that it involves a firearm. I once had FedEx "lose" a rifle I was sending back to S&W for warranty repair. As soon as the rep found out it was a firearm I was transferred to a security rep who initiated a trace and contacted S&W's receiving manager to get him in the loop. One the trace was initiated the package was found within a day. Apparently the shipping label was damaged in transit so it was being held at one of their depots.

The phone reps typically only have access to the same tracking info you find on the web site so until you get the next level of support involved you won't get much help in actually finding a lost shipment.

Texas Solo
02-16-2014, 08:32 PM
UPDATE: I just got off the phone with 1-800 UPS....this guy is telling me that an "agent" from Buds Gunshop has picked up the rifle and I'll have to call Buds to find out what's going on. THAT'S B.S. !!! Payment went through on my CC, as verified with my bank online. That's not an issue. My FFL is valid and has received guns from Buds before, no issues.
If Buds wanted to stop the shipment for some reason, wouldn't they have notified me via e-mail or phone? Humm, it seems Bud's just happens to have an "agent" in Memphis, Tn? Something's fishy here. I can't call Buds until 10am tomorrow. Man I'm PO'ed.

AZ_GUN_NUT
02-16-2014, 08:40 PM
Your UPS tracking info clearly shows it went back to Lexington so how did you figure Buds picked it up in Memphis? I'm betting the shipping label was ruined and they had no way of knowing where/who it was going to so they sent it back to the shipper. Call Buds in the morning and I'm sure you'll get your answer.

Texas Solo
02-16-2014, 08:53 PM
Your UPS tracking info clearly shows it went back to Lexington so how did you figure Buds picked it up in Memphis?

I didn't figure that. It's what the UPS C.S. told me. When I questioned him on it, he said Bud's has "agents" everywhere, and that the rifle was no longer in their possession.
More total BS!

Hotolds442
02-16-2014, 10:22 PM
A couple of weeks ago, I had a rifle shipped from Tallahassee, and I'd swear it went back there three times due to weather before it was delivered. It took 8 days to get from Tallahassee to Orlando, a whole 256 miles.

- 2/04/2014 - Tuesday
1:57 pm Delivered Vancouver, WA
3:53 am On FedEx vehicle for delivery TROUTDALE, OR
3:33 am At local FedEx facility TROUTDALE, OR
- 2/03/2014 - Monday
2:48 pm Arrived at FedEx location TROUTDALE, OR
- 1/31/2014 - Friday
4:16 am In transit NORTH SALT LAKE, UT
- 1/29/2014 - Wednesday
12:18 pm Departed FedEx location ORLANDO, FL
5:22 am Arrived at FedEx location ORLANDO, FL
- 1/28/2014 - Tuesday
5:43 am In transit TALLAHASSEE, FL
5:20 am At local FedEx facility TALLAHASSEE, FL
- 1/24/2014 - Friday
6:02 am In transit TALLAHASSEE, FL
6:02 am Arrived at FedEx location TALLAHASSEE, FL
5:14 am At local FedEx facility TALLAHASSEE, FL
- 1/23/2014 - Thursday
8:02 pm Departed FedEx location ELLENWOOD, GA
6:44 am Arrived at FedEx location ELLENWOOD, GA
- 1/22/2014 - Wednesday
9:03 pm Left FedEx origin facility TALLAHASSEE, FL
7:27 pm Arrived at FedEx location TALLAHASSEE, FL
5:13 pm Picked up TALLAHASSEE, FL
- 1/21/2014 - Tuesday.
6:15 pm In FedEx possession. TALLAHASSEE, FL Package received after final location pickup has occurred. Scheduled for pickup next business day.
6:15 pm Shipment information sent to FedEx

I wonder in your case if Bud's recalled the rifle due to something like a serial number mixup or something like that.