PDA

View Full Version : ISO new stock for savage 116 weather warrior RH LA.

benchguy57
02-14-2014, 07:01 PM
I have been trying to find a replacement stock for my rifle.
It has the accustock accutrigger with bottom metal and bottom bolt release.
Love the gun, dislike the stock.

Really like hs precision just can't seem to find any to fit my rifle.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

GGIII.

foxx
02-14-2014, 07:29 PM
Boyds has nice, affordable laminates and solid walnuts. Thumbholes, tacticools (tacticals), "classics" and others. Very popular. Quality synthetics are much more expensive than these, but available from Stocky's and other advertisers here.

7stwluvr
02-15-2014, 08:53 PM
I like this one. Going to order one for my first savage build. http://www.riflestock.com/store/do/product/25-06-15 it's going to be a long range style 6.5-06 ai might be to heavy for a hunting rig though.

Jetpig
02-16-2014, 10:23 AM
I got the Choate Tactical. Like it a lot. Same rifle exactly.

BigB308
02-20-2014, 11:48 AM
I have been trying to find a replacement stock for my rifle.
It has the accustock accutrigger with bottom metal and bottom bolt release.
Love the gun, dislike the stock.

Really like hs precision just can't seem to find any to fit my rifle.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

GGIII.
What do you dislike about the accu-stock?

benchguy57
02-20-2014, 10:08 PM
What do you dislike about the accu-stock?

Just feels too short and flimsy in my hands.
I can drive pills 1/2" at 100 yards all day long. (Nothing wrong with it)
Just want something that feels better.
The more I look the more I'm starting to realize I'm probably just going to have to keep the stock on it.

BigB308
02-21-2014, 10:55 AM
I see. At least its not an Axis. I think my next rifle will just be wood.

I'm sure in time there will be aftermarket laminates to fit on an accu-stock rifle.

foxx
02-21-2014, 11:06 AM
No worries. Any 10/110 stock will fit an "accustock rifle". The only difference would be that the inlet for the recoil lug might need to be widened a bit because the sides of the lug are more straight than regular factory lugs. The lugs are also less deep, but that is not an issue at all.

benchguy57
02-24-2014, 03:36 PM
No worries. Any 10/110 stock will fit an "accustock rifle". The only difference would be that the inlet for the recoil lug might need to be widened a bit because the sides of the lug are more straight than regular factory lugs. The lugs are also less deep, but that is not an issue at all.

Even if I have bottom metal?
In my case a hinged floor plate with bolt release.
Thanks for your help.

foxx
02-24-2014, 03:59 PM
Yes. I believe it is the same as for the detachable mag bottom bolt release.

airdale
02-24-2014, 05:39 PM
I got the Choate Tactical. Like it a lot. Same rifle exactly.

+1 on the Choate tactical. they even offer it with fully adjustable option (a little pricey but nice).

Savage6x284
02-27-2014, 06:43 PM
McMillan will make you precisely what you wish to have.
Nobody IMO does custom inlets better or more often than McMillan. And at a sane price as well.

Pony up for a Hunter's EDGE and never look back.

2footroper
03-24-2014, 12:28 PM
I have a 111 LRH in 300 win mag. accu trigger and stock, bottom hinged floor plate. I've been doing alot of research. Major back surgery gives me alot of time to peck away at this keyboard. :( So far Stocky's can do nothing for me. They did tell me Manners can do anything I want. So far they are leading the race with their MCS-EH2 stock. The only other option I found that might work is Choate in either their Tactical or Long Action Sniper but they don't list any weights or if they are compatible with a hinged floor plate. That's it so far for composites. I believe Boyds will do anything if you want wood but I'm looking for something impervious to weather as a mountain elk gun. Hope this helps you out. If anyone else has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

foxx
03-24-2014, 01:00 PM
I don't know why Stocky's can't help you. The inletting for hinged floor plate is the same as DBM. As for the bottom bolt release, that only requires a little bit of add'l inletting/grinding around the trigger guard area. I have a hinged floor plate with bottom bolt release 25-06 that started out in an accustock. I have put it inside at least 2 different stocks without any problems other than widening the inlet for the trigger guard and clearing away for the bolt release. The bottom bolt release is, unfortunately, here to stay. Someone better than me must have solutions for it.

2footroper
03-25-2014, 07:43 AM
Below is the Quote from my Stocky's email. I did find a company with some promsing news though. If you are looking for a real tactical design at about 3 1/2 lbs. These guy are getting ready to release a model for the 111LRH Long action with the bolt release in the trigger guard. http://mdttac.com/tac21-savage-chassis.html I'm thinking I'll wait for this to see how it works.

"We would not offer anything for that model. You can order direct through Manners and they would custom make one for you" http://mannerstocks.com/