PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: .17 hmr

n4ue
02-14-2014, 03:33 PM
Went to the local Southern States store today to pick up my weekly load of cow feed, etc. Lo and behold, there was plenty of .17 HMR ammo on the shelf. I could have easily afforded to buy it all, but I hate hoarders.
I picked up 3 boxes to give other folks a chance....

ron

Silvercrow1
02-17-2014, 06:42 PM
Went to the local Southern States store today to pick up my weekly load of cow feed, etc. Lo and behold, there was plenty of .17 HMR ammo on the shelf. I could have easily afforded to buy it all, but I hate hoarders.
I picked up 3 boxes to give other folks a chance....

ron

Good on 'ya, Bro! From everything I've read, including a recent article in NRA's Rifleman regarding .22LR shortages, the shortages are by and large caused by folks panicking, hoarding, or I suppose hoarding to "make a buck" on other folks. Bad ju-ju in my opinion. I've got a degree (for what it's worth) in Business so I get free enterprise, supply and demand etc. But I particularly loath those doing it to make a profit. Just my opinion....that and five bucks will get you a 50 round box of Remington HV;)

I have a "friend" who has slightly over 7000 rounds of .223. By his own admission, he'll never shoot it all. He's fortunate enough to have a good job with good pay....but why? He thinks maybe he can trade it if the SHTF. He's not a particularly tough guy...maybe when the SHTF his hoarding will get him hurt. I don't know...
Brian