PDA

View Full Version : Shotgun what series is My 94c?

PapaMad
02-12-2014, 08:32 PM
I have a model 94c that needs an ejector hook, I bought one on ebay but it is not correct. It was for a series M, I can not find any series number on My gun.. e-gunparts shows different series number How do I find what series I have? thanks for the help.

Mad Dog
02-13-2014, 06:50 AM
The C in 94C would be your series.

PapaMad
02-13-2014, 09:18 AM
I was told the model was 94c , and there was a series number like K,M and P. gunpartscorp.com shows these 3 series and some of the parts are different.

Mad Dog
02-13-2014, 05:37 PM
Is Gunparts corp the same as Numrichs?

If so they show the 94C as well, that should be the same parts you need.

PapaMad
02-13-2014, 09:18 PM
they show 94c but there is 3 series types, K,P and M I have a New M type it will not work. Trying to find K or P series. Yes gunparts and Numrichs are the same.

Mad Dog
02-14-2014, 09:09 AM
Ahhhh.....now I understand what you mean.

That's a tough one because they never marked the darn things with a series letter. Most of the time it was a minor change in a small internal part which would make sense why the one they sent you wouldn't work. I can't even go through my parts manuals because they never listed the series differences in there either. I think the only way to find out would be to strike it rich and trip over a pile of gunsmith bulletins from the old Savage days.

PapaMad
02-14-2014, 10:36 AM
I got the following from another forum thanks Zeke from Jamesport, NY.

I checked another publication Joe Vorisek's A Short Illustrated History of the J. Stevens Arms & Tool Company and he makes this statement in regards to the Savage/Stevens/Springfield single shot shotguns. He uses the Model 89 to make his point but it apples...generally..across the board with this class and grade of firearm made by this comapny. "For example the parts from a Model 89 made from 1915 are substantially different from one made in 1939 and the one made in 1950".. He says that repairing these guns is frustrating as changes were made in production and little to no record keeping was done..ie a dept foreman would find fault with a part.....cause manufacturing changes to be made and no records or drawing changes were recorded....if that guy died and the company ran into trouble...they would end up with a bunch of product that didn't work...so an on the spot fix was made again no records........ Vorisek's book shows that hte model 94 was made from 1925 to 1935 and again from 1939 to 1961 as per the book...the markings you see may be those of the in house proof inspector and the load used to proof the gun...there is another reference to an unknown jumble of codes......There is a history of a Stevens Date Code used from 1949 to 1968 that says basically that you will find markings on all SxS shotguns made in that time period Usually that mark is behind the hinge pin or just ahead of the triggerguard..It will appear as a small circle containing a number and a letter the letters match a published chart that equates the letter to the DOM the year for the letter "F" is 1954