PDA

View Full Version : I don't get it

Pages : 1 [2]

BillPa
02-14-2014, 03:52 PM
[QUOTE=Hotolds442;243431]You're not allowed to have disposable income or time./QUOTE]

I'm retired so I have the time but the disposable income....Maw guards the dough like a bulldog standing over a pork chop.

Bill

Coalforge
04-04-2014, 01:37 AM
In my case, I have a .223 flat back model 10 tactical. I found that I couldn't shoot it well off a bipod. I had a friend watch and we found when I loaded the bipod, the stock flexed noticably. Also,it was easy to pinch the stock between my thumb and index finger and have the stock touch the barrel. I changed stocks and solved the problem. After reading some of the threads here, I probably could have either cut off the front of the stock or routed out the barrel channel. Oh well, live and learn. It shoots well now.

snowgetter1
04-05-2014, 09:04 AM
It is like as soon as I get a "new" savage for me I just have to take it apart. The only stock savage I have is my daughter's 22 and my 22 mag. But, even both of those are painted.

Stockrex
04-05-2014, 09:50 AM
I like the factory flimsy stock, it is light and for people who are out of shape, like me, it is works well for walking up thousands of feet

chukarmandoo
04-08-2014, 08:09 PM
OK, I get the drift. The only way I would go with a after market stock is if improved my shooting. At this point I question the possibility. I have been intrigued by the chassis but I have some reservation there. The rifle shoots .3s right now and thats great but the problem is being able to have the rifle come back on target after the shot. If a stock would help in that scenario then I'd probably go that route but I'm thinking its mostly operator error. I'm not after looks. Just results. I'd paint the whole thing pink if it would help me run 10 rounds out to 500 yds. in 90 seconds at a 2MOA target.

yobuck
04-09-2014, 10:38 AM
I agree with Jim. Besides legos still work for me.

yobuck
04-09-2014, 01:46 PM
OK, I get the drift. The only way I would go with a after market stock is if improved my shooting. At this point I question the possibility. I have been intrigued by the chassis but I have some reservation there. The rifle shoots .3s right now and thats great but the problem is being able to have the rifle come back on target after the shot. If a stock would help in that scenario then I'd probably go that route but I'm thinking its mostly operator error. I'm not after looks. Just results. I'd paint the whole thing pink if it would help me run 10 rounds out to 500 yds. in 90 seconds at a 2MOA target.

The way to do it is one thing, would they allow it would be another.

chukarmandoo
04-09-2014, 02:16 PM
would they allow it would be another.

Thats pretty funny! Probably depends on where I was shooting. East coast or west coast I think I'd get by. West or midwest they'd run me off.

Chrazy-Chris
04-09-2014, 07:18 PM
Stocks are ergonomic. Aftermarket stocks have a lot more to offer than factory 'hunting style' stocks. Also, Savage plastic stocks are very lightweight and some people like their rifles to balance differently. Finally, most shooters agree that bedding a stock or having an aluminum bedding block in your stock makes it shoot more consistently and more accurately. As far as I know, you can't bed the factory plastic stocks.

That's the way I look at it.