PDA

View Full Version : Pillars for Tacticool

Pages : 1 [2]

TheWgp
02-26-2014, 11:35 AM
I did it all at the same time. I didnt use the Devcon that comes with the Pillars, I used Steel Bed from Brownells for the pillars and the action bedding. Turned out pretty good.

Londerko
02-26-2014, 11:47 AM
Sorry to keep bothering you. Just 2 more questions:
Did you use a drill press to drill out the holes? Any tricks for getting the action screws centered in the pillars?

TheWgp
02-26-2014, 11:58 AM
Sorry to keep bothering you. Just 2 more questions:
Did you use a drill press to drill out the holes? Any tricks for getting the action screws centered in the pillars?
No worries. I did use a drill press and went to Harbor Freight and picked up this vise (http://www.harborfreight.com/4-inch-jaw-capacity-drill-press-vise-30999.html). Used a level to get the stock setup correctly and drilled from the bottom of the stock on the back pillar and I drilled the front from both the top and bottom. The back is hard to drill from the top because of the notch for the sear.

Londerko
02-26-2014, 12:13 PM
Thanks again, I really appreciate it. You have been very helpful, especially since I'm looking into doing the exact same thing

TheWgp
02-26-2014, 12:45 PM
One thing I will tell you is to go slow and take your time. My action screws were a little to long once everything was done. Im going to take a little bit off of the ends this weekend. Right now I have washers in place.