PDA

View Full Version : Factory savage bottom metal w/ AI mags

Jason161
02-12-2014, 11:18 AM
So here's the deal. I got my new savage model 11 hog hunter for my start of my long range target/tactical match build. I ordered a Boyds tacticool stock as I wanted a McMillan looking or b&c style stock but am on a budget, and I got it with a DBM inlet. Now I want to be able to use the AI mags, as that's what everyone recommends. So I was going to order a CDI dBm. Then I came across a post here about accurate mag dBm and their mags are cheaper for 10 rounders. I also saw a post about ordering a stock dBm metal from savage for a model 10 SA and that would work as well. Accurate mag dBm is supposedly used by savage so being much less then $205 from Savage I thought about that.
My questions are, first, does the savage bottom metal accept AI 10rd magazines or do I have to get different ones? (Accurate mag magazines)?
Also, if not the same, does accurate mag dBm accept AI magazines like the CDI dBm?
Now I know the accurate mag is suppose to be drop in which is nice too, and cheaper mags is nice as well. I just don't want to short change myself. If I can use AI mags with a standard savage factory dBm metal then I should save money and buy that.
Any provide me some guidance here?

Jason161
02-12-2014, 02:32 PM
Never mind finally found an answer about the accurate mag. I went with them over cdi due to less fitting issues with factory inlet, and they use AI style mags so should work well with any future purchase of AI Dbm setups.
Now I wait patiently for my action to get back from SSS.

SK13R
03-04-2014, 12:26 PM
Jason,

I'm looking at doing exactly what you did. Boyds tacticool with dbm for my HH in 223. What did you find out about the Accurate Mag that made you go with them? How much did it run you? Thanks for the help!

Tom