PDA

View Full Version : scope upgrade decisions?

SThomas3791
02-11-2014, 11:15 PM
im upgrading my "packaged" bushnell from my axis xp .308. im looking at a bushnell banner 3-9x40 and trophy xlt 3-9x40. if im feeling real froggy on decision day i may get a vortex crossfire ii 3-9x40. as i stated in another post i know the banner is the least expensive of the 3 and will probably take care of all my needs (primary hunting rifle whitetail/bear) with less than 100 yard shots being normal. my question, is the $40-$70 price upgrade going to be worth it? are the trophy and crossfire's that much better than the banner? from what ive found online the banner is about $70, the trophy xlt $110, and the vortex is $140. for just being a pull out of the case 4-5 times/year rifle does the double priced vortex make sense?

SThomas3791
02-11-2014, 11:35 PM
after thinking about it, ive answered my question with my question, sometimes i over think things. the $40 price difference for the banner over the "packaged" scope is a big upgrade so its safe to assume that the price difference for the trophy xlt/vortex will be a similar upgrade over the banner. so now its just a matter of functionality (banner) over shiny bells and whistles (vortex) that i need to decide on :frusty: or atleast the bells and whistles in my price range lol