PDA

View Full Version : found some powder but?

maxl
02-11-2014, 07:24 AM
Stopped by a local gun shop yesterday to see if they had gotten any reloading supplies (bought alot there over the years) and they had everything a reloader wanted even varget, problem was I had sticker shock every pound of power was priced at 39.95 oh and they had .22 lr for 71.00 a brick for rem thunderbolt. I told the owner I sure am glad to see supply comming back but I will never buy from you nor will I return, his reply I have plenty that will and its now the going rate. And sadly he is probably right

Hotolds442
02-11-2014, 07:54 AM
It might be the going rate in his shop, but my LGS is still selling most brands of powder for 22.95/lb. when it's in stock. Good on you for not supporting your local scalper.

the Ranger
02-11-2014, 04:28 PM
he's gauging bad. powder prices here range $20-25, up a few dollars but over all not so bad.

sha-ul
02-11-2014, 04:51 PM
I was in a shop in western KS recently that had a good selection of powder, but @ $39 he's a good $10.00 higher than all the shops in Wichita. However he's a helluva lot cheaper than the gas money to go get it.

missed
02-11-2014, 05:12 PM
Same thing here there is still a shop in town getting twice as much. Don't goto murles gun shop in Granbury Tx.....

Stockrex
02-11-2014, 05:15 PM
Run away, it is sad that most shops are ripping of people. We have a local store and the owner never raised his prices till suppliers did, which was a few dollars only.
He has my primer and powder business for good.

LoneWolf
02-11-2014, 05:25 PM
So far I am stuck to shopping online here in Cali. I haven't come across any good LGS' s for reloading supplies. They were all trying to sell FGMM for $50 a box last I looked for ammo locally. I would be happy tonpay an extra $10 and avoid shipping and a HAZMAT fee, but thats only hrre in Cali.

missed
02-11-2014, 05:51 PM
So far I am stuck to shopping online here in Cali. I haven't come across any good LGS' s for reloading supplies. They were all trying to sell FGMM for $50 a box last I looked for ammo locally. I would be happy tonpay an extra $10 and avoid shipping and a HAZMAT fee, but thats only hrre in Cali.

Have you tried to look up that distributor in Fontana? I can't remember the name of them. Guys at Escondido fish and game used to group order from there.

missed
02-11-2014, 05:56 PM
Have you tried to look up that distributor in Fontana? I can't remember the name of them. Guys at Escondido fish and game used to group order from there.

I found it. They closed in 09 the owner retired and it was a mix of the land lord wanting long lease and LAFD was not going to renew there permit.

missed
02-11-2014, 06:27 PM
Powder valley has 4064 and others in stock now.

emtrescue6
02-11-2014, 08:33 PM
Holly hockey sticks batman! $40/pound? No way! I am so glad I stocked up 6 or so years ago...haven't had to buy any powder or primers (with very few exceptions)...I miss the days of $7/pound powder!

eddiesindian
02-11-2014, 10:48 PM
Stopped by a local gun shop yesterday to see if they had gotten any reloading supplies (bought alot there over the years) and they had everything a reloader wanted even varget, problem was I had sticker shock every pound of power was priced at 39.95 oh and they had .22 lr for 71.00 a brick for rem thunderbolt. I told the owner I sure am glad to see supply comming back but I will never buy from you nor will I return, his reply I have plenty that will and its now the going rate. And sadly he is probably right

roger that..............hats off for holding your ground.
theres a local gs here in el paso tx goes by the name of gun central........they,ll never see any of my hard earned coin. Im not tyring to give them a bad name or anything.....they seemd to have done that all by themselves.

bootsmcguire
02-11-2014, 11:15 PM
I guess I am lucky here. My favorite LGS has kept their prices the same for quite some time, and they keep a great selection of powder and primers most of the time. Bullet selection is a little lacking, but so far I have been able to get most powders I need from there. Just picked up 3lbs of Varget and a lb of US869 Saturday and there was still 4 or 5 lbs of varget left.

22s have been few and far between, I am hoping they get some in this week, the owner said he got an email saying his distributor was sending some his way.

jonbearman
02-12-2014, 07:49 PM
Try Bruno's in texas,they get almost 80.00 for a brick of match primers and their powder prices are quite high.I am done with them and only buy from powder valley anymore,they seem to value their customers.

eddiesindian
02-12-2014, 10:54 PM
Try Bruno's in texas,they get almost 80.00 for a brick of match primers and their powder prices are quite high.I am done with them and only buy from powder valley anymore,they seem to value their customers.

bruno,s?....I didnt know they had a store in Texas. I use there store in Phoenix Az. I have friends that live in Phoenix who I know are comming to visit in El Paso Tx and give them my order. Saves me s&h.
They did in fact hop on the price increase wagon and really havent come down much on there price,s. My belief is that there gonna ride this price hike for a while.