PDA

View Full Version : Sharp Shooter Supply wait times

Pages : [1] 2

bushwackr
02-10-2014, 11:32 PM
Hello All

I have my first action on its way to them now. Im sending it for a t&t and comp trigger. Sounds like they start them next week. Can anyone give me an idea of what the usual wait times are with this kind of work. I have tried contacting them about that but email isnt answered yet, and of course i forgot to ask when I was talking to lisa about what I want done.

Im sure its worth it but, question for the people that have had it done. Does it chance the bolt feel, smooth ,bolt close easier? Im not really sure what to expect

Thanks all:peace:

jhelmuth
02-10-2014, 11:35 PM
Bolt feel is radically different and all the better.

Don't hold your breath.... SSS is GREAT - but fast, they are not. Worth the wait though....

bushwackr
02-10-2014, 11:38 PM
Ok thats good at least I have something to look forward to. I really dont need to start getting the rifle together early mid april. It could be longer for me anyway. Waiting on a tube

bushwackr
02-19-2014, 11:34 PM
Well , I know the answer to my question. 3 Days:o I couldnt believe it. Lisa called me today letting me know that it is on its way back.

pdog06
02-20-2014, 12:53 PM
Wow! Thats awesome

Dennis
02-20-2014, 07:22 PM
Bolt feel is radically different and all the better.

Don't hold your breath.... SSS is GREAT - but fast, they are not. Worth the wait though....

Above is about the best answer anyone can give. I have 3 PTA's from SSS all with the evolution trigger.

Not only are they very smooth, all of them preform very well. They have impressed many shooters.

Dennis

bushwackr
02-20-2014, 08:01 PM
thats good to hear I will more than likely be sending more work there way.

Jason161
02-24-2014, 10:23 PM
Wow I hope mine is that fast! Mine got there last Thursday to go with this round they're doing. Gives me hope its going to be back before my long rang class in April!
So report, if you have it yet, how is it? How is the bolt lift AFTER firing? Mine was really tough. Gimme some details to dream over while I wait!
This is my very first rifle
I just placed my order with Dan at McGowan too for a 24" .260 rem barrel to swapit when I shoot out the .308! Dan has been very helpful and 5-8 week wait time for a semi custom!.

bushwackr
02-25-2014, 12:56 AM
I will know pretty soon, it should be here thurs

Jason161
02-25-2014, 01:55 PM
Nice! I've read good reports from a few years ago. I know it will be good but I'd like to hear some good recent feedback on the feel and difference of it. I can't wait!

bushwackr
02-25-2014, 02:10 PM
Ya I hope I can feel the diffrence in how it works. The action was fairly smooth to begin with so I hope its magic the first time I cycle it

Jason161
02-25-2014, 04:46 PM
Mine was pretty smooth, not like it made me go wow this is gritty. The only thing I did was lightly oil and work it like 300 times. However after I dry fired it and then worked it, as it was cocking, it was very tough to lift. That's the one part I didn't like. I hear that fred does some magic there to lessen the bolt lift considerably which is going to be great. I was actually going to go with Nat Lambeth as I hear he does amazing savages because I read so many horror stories about the customer service and promised wait times not being met from SSS, but what do you know, 2 emails and voice mails and still to this day no response from Nat Lambeth in regards to doing my action.
Much to my surprise Lisa was very helpful and promised it would be back before my long range clinic in April. Sounds like it will be. Although it took a few days to get a response via email when she said she would call me she did call at that time to get a prepay!sent to hold my reservation and get my authorization number, so that was good.

devildogandboy
02-27-2014, 10:51 AM
I wanted to send my action to SSS but after communicating with Lisa by email several times I couldn't get an authorization # from her! she told me twice to send it in but I read in several areas of their website not to send without an authorization #, I figured it couldn't be that hard to make up a # and I didn't want to risk having it returned because there was no # to put on the package!
i'll try again in April when they have there next T&T planned, maybe I will get issued a # at that time.

Bruce

Jason161
02-27-2014, 02:03 PM
I know I had to actually pay $25 over the phone to hold my spot and get my authorization number.. It does go towards the bill obviously. Maybe thats what went wrong with ya.

Any update on the T&T results Bush??

bushwackr
02-27-2014, 02:05 PM
Not yet . it on the truck for delivery today, i'm trying to be patient i keep looking out the window for him :peep:

bushwackr
02-27-2014, 04:08 PM
Well the box arrived, I put the action back in the stock and I will say NICE. The action is nice and smooth and the bolt lift and drop is great. It feels better than the stiller i have. I will be a return customer. I cannot wait for my barrel to get here A+++++++.

Its a big diffrence from out of the box

bushwackr
02-27-2014, 04:10 PM
oh ya and the comp trigger is great . nice clean break, no creep just nice

kevinakaq
02-27-2014, 06:59 PM
Great to hear Bushwackr! My action arrived at SSS Monday so I hope to see it back relatively soon (not rushing them, just hopeful). Customer service has thus far been great from Lisa with prompt feedback and concise answers to my questions. This will be my first SSS Timed and Trued action and looking forward to sampling the difference that it makes in a Savage action. I have worked on several of my own Savage actions in the past polishing, lift kits, etc. and wanted to see the difference. I've heard a lot of differing opinions and most of them have been pro time and true but quite a few naysayers as well. Got tired of reading and wanted to see for myself. For a 165 dollars it sure is nice to know you have a Savage action that is the best it can be...

Again, appreciate the feedback!
Kevin

Jason161
02-28-2014, 01:57 PM
Good to hear. Hope mine is back soon. Its been a little over a week, no word yet. So excited as I have everything to finish build now, bottom dBm metal, stock, bedding devcon, bipod, mount for scope.. Can't wait!

Jason161
02-28-2014, 03:54 PM
Well I am happy! Just got off the phone with Lisa at SSS, my action is done and left today. I had a little more then just the t&t done so it took a bit longer I would think but sure enough they had it turned around to me in a week flat! Very happy and I did talk to her about the wait times and such, she did say they take the forum post on bad wait times and stuff very personal and have since switched over to email vs. Phone and scheduled blocks of time for people to send in and it has gotten a ton faster. So if anyone is hesitant on sending their action to them don't. from bush and my experience as well as a couple others on other forums, these issues seem to be a thing of the past! Besides Fred is one of the two or three gunsmiths that do this caliber of work on savages and serving the whole nation, gotta expect wait times, like a barrel, 6-12 months! That's absurd to me but when you look at the whole picture it not, and the work is worth it so I hear.
I'll report back on Thursday when I get mine!