PDA

View Full Version : Savage is ahead of the Game

Spade Cooley
03-11-2010, 10:12 AM
I topped my new Savage 12 FV with a Leupold Scope last night and looked the rifle over for fit and finish. It looked great and the trigger was good and didn't need any adjustments. Overall the piece seems well done in every respect. I have brought many other brands of rifles and have always had problems with bad triggers, poor finish or failure to group. I have not shot this rifle as yet but I'm confident my Savage will shoot good groups. In my opinion, Savage is giving us what we want at a good price and the other companies need to catch up. Evidently they have listened to the shooters.

goblin141
03-11-2010, 10:37 AM
I agree I have a total 6 in my family with a 10fcp to shot this weekend. I remember Spade Cooley from when I was a kid. I ran into an older gentleman who played in his band in the late 40s in Hollywood movies. Are you a country swing fan?

Spade Cooley
03-12-2010, 10:40 AM
I grew up in Southern California where Spade Cooley was the number one T V Variety Show. When I needed an alias for Cowboy Shooting, Spade came to mind. Even as a kid, I loved his show. Spade had a tragic life and went to the pen for murdering his wife. After years in prison they let him out to perform a variety show one day and following the show he fell over dead with a heart attack.

When I retired I had enough sense to flee from California.

goblin141
03-12-2010, 11:40 AM
Yeh, I live in SoCal and would love to leave and I have a daughter in high school plus I work for a company that does a lot of water projects in california. I watched Spade on TV when I lived in El Cajon and remember the murder and his dying. The 50s were great.

Uncle Jack
03-12-2010, 12:26 PM
The 50s in California were another time and another place, and as my friend David Crosby used to say:

"If you remember the 60s, you really weren't there."

uj