PDA

View Full Version : Savage Store Help

Thallos
02-10-2014, 09:24 PM
I building a Stevens 200 into a 35 Whelen hunting rifle. The only part I'm missing at this point is a new trigger guard as I refuse to put the plastic one from the Stevens on my new rifle. Of course this part has been on back order from the usual places for almost 6 months.

I'm trying to see if I can buy one directly from Savage, but their store site is....um....not user friendly (really difficult not use a few 4 letter words there). The product descriptions are 3 or 4 words long with no indication of model numbers or anything.

My question for the group is, can anyone help me decipher the descriptions on their site? I think what I'm looking for is "Trigger Guard, Hi Luster" but it could very well be "Trigger Guard, Matte" or "Trigger Guard, Matte (AT)" or "Trigger Guard, Hi Luster RI" or something else.

I assume (AT) means Accutrigger (which the Stevens does not have), but beyond that I'm lost.

Hotolds442
02-10-2014, 09:28 PM
Hi luster is Glossy Blued
Matte is Matte Blue
AT is for accu trigger models
RI I haven't deciphered yet.

Thallos
02-10-2014, 09:34 PM
Those make sense to me too. Along with RI, I also see (40), (93/MK-II TR) which both look like model numbers, but then they have one that says (Long) and another that says (wide) in the same location. A truly strange way to set up an online catalog.

Hotolds442
02-10-2014, 09:36 PM
TRIGGER GUARD HI LUSTER - P/N: 100939 $17.00 is what you're looking for. Put f901275 into the parts finder and you'll see it there.

Thallos
02-10-2014, 09:40 PM
Beautiful. Thank you for the help.