PDA

View Full Version : 17 WSM Ammo instock

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Lonewulf
05-02-2014, 11:46 PM
I contacted Winchester today about the ammo.

Thank you for contacting Winchester Ammunition.

We appreciate your business and we look forward to providing you with the same high level of customer service and support you have come to expect from us.

Here is the initial question/comment you submitted to Winchester on 5/2/2014along with our response.

Question:
Can you update me on the production of your new 17 WSM ammo. There are a lot of us loving it and the new SS B-Mag but we can't find the ammo. I understand it's a new caliber but any info you can get me on the availability of the ammo would be very much appreciated.

Thank you

Answer:This product is very new and in high demand. You should begin to see an increase in the supply in the upcoming weeks.

Best Regards,

Technical Services Dept.

Thank you for your feedback and for being a valued Winchester customer.

Sincerely,

I have tried to contact Winchester for 3 months about the same question and have never gotten any reply

Rainorshine
05-05-2014, 08:13 AM
Gee, I'm another 2 rifle BMag owner and HOPE they don't quit production.
I posted a note a while back when the 17 WSM first came out. I 'think' it was in American Rifleman where a Win spokesman commented that if the demand was there, they were contemplating additional calibers based on the nail gun round: 22 WSM and 25 WSM.
Considering the problems with the first version of the rifle and defective ammo, I'll bet they are rethinking that 'opportunity'... ha ha

ron

happy with my SS rifle
Found the nail gun and the nail gun ammo at the local lumberyard but the clerk couldn't tell me how the gun grouped.

Lonewulf
05-05-2014, 08:52 AM
they only use the cartridge to make the ammo for the 17 WSM B-Mag, the nail gun has nothing to do with it
the only "grouping" the nailgun and cartridge would do together is laying side by side in your tool box LOL

danjurista
05-05-2014, 09:25 AM
I've have found 5 boxes of 25 grain the past 2 weeks at Wal-Mart in northeast pa. Wilkes-Barre area. They only get the 25 grain, but its 14.77 a box . I guess I'm lucky to find any at all!

Rainorshine
05-05-2014, 12:50 PM
Lonewulf,

Yeh I know. Sorry for my poor attempt at humor. The only group I get out of my B Mag is when it's next to the ammo too, bu haven't been able to find ammo either!

Lonewulf
05-05-2014, 01:30 PM
Did you really ask them how the ammo group with the nail gun lol
I haven't seen any in a month either my local Walmart dried up

rona
05-05-2014, 03:31 PM
Did you really ask them how the ammo group with the nail gun lol
I haven't seen any in a month either my local Walmart dried up

No ammo on the shelves here either. I asked the place that had them last fall and he just shook his head. He claimed there should be a bunch by fall according to his supplier. He has a website that shows Win B-Mag ammo for sale from scalpers but inflated prices. Those people are buddies with the wholesalers and get first shot at it before the dealers.

bremereric
05-15-2014, 03:03 PM
Did an ammo check today.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/124319/winchester-super-x-ammunition-17-winchester-super-magnum-20-grain-jacketed-hollow-point?cm_vc=S014

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=416386491

fla9-40
05-15-2014, 06:20 PM
Did an ammo check today.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/124319/winchester-super-x-ammunition-17-winchester-super-magnum-20-grain-jacketed-hollow-point?cm_vc=S014

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=416386491

Don't look like Midway has it yet...Status was "Coming Soon" but hey glad to see it is "Coming Soon" !! )

Lonewulf
05-15-2014, 07:49 PM
That is weird, 2 months ago the17 WSM Win 20gr Super-X JHP at Midway said it was discontinued

Lonewulf
05-15-2014, 09:45 PM
I have not seen any 17 WSM at my local WM in 2 months, and they were getting the 25gr every couple weeks, have not seen the 20gr there since Jan
Cabelas has not had it in a while either

Lonewulf
05-15-2014, 11:50 PM
I cannot believe that auction went for $500 for 10 boxes, are they stupid? sorry if it was somebody on here :) the last 10 boxes I got my BIL bought for me at WM cost me $157.00 for the 25gr or am I stupid for not putting them up for sell?

rona
05-16-2014, 08:44 AM
Price gouging at its best. Anybody else notice USDA put out a add it wants X amount of fully automatic weapons? Makes you wonder why every one of the gov agencies are making their own armies?

sparky123321
05-16-2014, 09:52 AM
I have a bunch of .17 WSM ammo and I must admit I'm tempted at times to sell it off. $500 for 500 rounds! That's nuts! That's about what I pay for my .17 Fireball ammo and that's "real" center fire rifle ammo and it's reloadable. The only reason I bought my 2 Bmags in the first place was to have "something I couldn't reload". Might just sell off my two Bmags and ammo and buy another .17 Fireball.

Rainorshine
05-17-2014, 09:36 AM
At that price about five bucks/box in duds!

Crockett
05-18-2014, 09:13 PM
At that price about five bucks/box in duds!

What are all these duds you refer too? I've fired about 900rds and only had to pull the trigger twice on one round!

sparky123321
05-19-2014, 08:29 AM
I've shot 300-400 in two different rifles and I also haven't had a single dud. I've experienced more duds in very expensive 22LR competition ammo.

Rainorshine
05-19-2014, 07:23 PM
Glad to hear your results are so good. I'm starting to lose hope I'll end up with a useful rifle. Before returning my rifle to Savage for poor grouping I shot 1- box of 20 gr poly and 1-box of 25 gr and got what I considered to be 10 duds as follows; 1 failure to feed 20 gr, 2 no-fire 25 grs after multiple strikes and six that required 2 strikes to fire. Just before sending the rifle back I shot 10 more rounds of 25 gr with 1 needing 2 strikes.

Lonewulf
05-19-2014, 09:46 PM
I have only fired 1 box of 25gr thru my sporter, have yet to shoot the HB yet . No Duds so far for me.

doesn't it seem odd that no body on the net ( Gander, Cabelas, Etc ) has not had any 17 wsm in awhile but GB has plenty? something is rotten

surfertim
05-21-2014, 12:33 PM
Just registered today. Living in two states, California/Alabama, can't find ammo anywhere in the San Diego, Orange County, Los Angeles County area. Saw the Bmag long ago at the Shot Show, fired it and loved it. Spent the next several months trying to find a rifle. Got one with two boxes of ammo (all they had). Quick trip to the range. Loved the ammo, hated the set up of the gun. Stripped it down, cleaned it thoroughly, purchased an after market stock, made numerous modifications, cleaned and polished bore, had barrel re crowned for accuracy, had chamber reamed and head spacing corrected, cleaned rifling, Arca glass bedded the set up, ran the trigger weight down, added metal trigger ring and mag surround, added a few 10 shot mags, polished and damascened the bolt, bought tactical bolt handle, cut off knob and re threaded, added carbon fiber knob. Web painted the stock, over coated in semi gloss polymer. Added tactical adjustable comb, added Harris bipod. Took it back to the range and loved the fit, and was blown away at the accuracy out to 300 yards.

PROBLEM: I can't find ammo for this gun ANYWHERE!!!!!! What's up with that? Now Volquartsen and Winchester are offer guns, and there is a cool AR type version out there that I have on order. What am I going to feed it? For a while I enjoyed the search, but it's gotten old. I am beginning to think that Wichester and Savage teamed up to wave a technology in our collective faces, then failed to provide ammo in sufficient supply to cover even the most meager requirements. I'm incensed, and am beginning to think it was all part of a plan to divest eager consumers of their money, with no real intent to keep them viable. Can anybody out there shed some light on this for me? I have been collecting and modifying firearms for years, and with only one exception (.30TC) have NEVER dealt with this before. At least I was able to get .30 TC dies so I could reload my own, no can do for rimfire. I hope I'm wrong with all of this, but so far all I have is a very attractive and expensive paperweight, the Savage BMag.