PDA

View Full Version : 17 WSM Ammo instock

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

Lonewulf
03-30-2014, 07:35 PM
my local Walmart had the 25gr today, my BIL was there and bought them for me . heck I have been looking there everyday almost for a month and he lucks out, guess I was the lucky one :)

bremereric
03-31-2014, 09:58 AM
I was lucky yesterday. We went shooting at Carter's Country and I scored the last box of the 25 grain they had.

Lonewulf
04-04-2014, 06:14 PM
still haven't found any more 20 grainers

onegreatshot
04-11-2014, 02:19 AM
I have a back order at Midway that I put in on 2/24/14 and they advised it will be shipped sometime in August of 2014. Have friends in Billing Mt. who have pick some up for at $15.00 a box for 20gr. Its in stock in several gun stores.

gsperaz
04-11-2014, 06:29 PM
My turn to get lucky.....with ammo that is, LOL. I needed a new pair of sneakers so today I stopped at my local Academy sports. Now they have not had any WSM ammo since December. After 30 min in the shoe dept I wandered over to the ammo section usually I go there first. Low and behold there were 10 boxes of 20 gainers @ 15.99 on the shelf. There is no limit so I bought 5 boxes. They guy at the counter said they have been there for week. You just never know when its going to show up.
The real kicker was they had some 22 magnum as well ! Its been a year since I have seen those....I didn't really need any but I bought 1 box just because.

Lonewulf
04-11-2014, 06:45 PM
wanna go shopping for me :) LOL

don't know when I will ever see the 20gr around here

onegreatshot
04-12-2014, 01:01 AM
That you were, my man

Monkeymaster
04-12-2014, 10:35 PM
Dicks Sporting Goods in Cedar Rapids, and Dubuque has 25 grainers once in a while.
No 20 grain, must not be legal in the midwest ?
I would "LOL" but 20 grainers and ANY of the rimfire ammo in these parts leaves a lot to be desired.
Good Luck

n4ue
04-13-2014, 04:27 PM
My turn to get lucky.....with ammo that is, LOL. I needed a new pair of sneakers so today I stopped at my local Academy sports. Now they have not had any WSM ammo since December. After 30 min in the shoe dept I wandered over to the ammo section usually I go there first. Low and behold there were 10 boxes of 20 gainers @ 15.99 on the shelf. There is no limit so I bought 5 boxes. They guy at the counter said they have been there for week. You just never know when its going to show up.
The real kicker was they had some 22 magnum as well ! Its been a year since I have seen those....I didn't really need any but I bought 1 box just because.

gsperaz, same thing happened to me here in Florida. I found some at one of the Academy stores in Jacksonville. Not being a 'hoarder', I bought a couple of boxes (20 gr). Asked the clerk about 'em. He said they had been on the shelf 6 months. He had never seen the rifle. ha ha
Since I go near the store on business, I would pick up a couple of boxes on each visit.
They have the best price on the Flambeau hard rifle cases. At least 10% below Gander Mtn.

ron

Lonewulf
04-15-2014, 08:31 PM
anybody get lucky last night? Gander Mountain had the 20 grainers in stock I guess right after the eclipse started :( missed them and they were out of stock by 7am when I saw them

gsperaz
04-21-2014, 07:07 AM
Well I scored again ! this time at a Walmart in South Carolina. 25 grain ammo 14.77 a box The guy behind the counter said, no limit and had not sold a box since they stocked them back in early march. At that price I bought 10 boxes. In the past, I had paid anywhere from 16.99- 18.99 a box so it was a good time to stock up.
I know have a good stock of ammo and can shoot or hunt for a season or two.
Its funny, not one Walmart I have ever been to in Georgia has even heard of the WSM ammo, then to find it by accident in a store in the middle of nowhere was truly LUCK !

fla9-40
04-21-2014, 07:08 PM
Its funny, not one Walmart I have ever been to in Georgia has even heard of the WSM ammo, then to find it by accident in a store in the middle of nowhere was truly LUCK !

Same here in Florida.... Most have never heard of the round, and the one's that have tell me that "It's too new of a round for them to stock it" :confusion:

JG26_Irish
04-23-2014, 06:01 AM
I have not seen WSM ammo in KY for at least six months. I have some stored up but really want to get some more. I have a friend who wants to buy either HMR or WSM rifle this week and I am having a hard time recommending the WSM today since he cannot buy ammo anywhere. I would give him some but, what does he do when that runs out?? I keep hoping that CCI will duplicate the cartridge. My LGS owner says that he was getting some WSM every week or two, but that late last year it was as if Winchester just stopped making it.

Irish

Lonewulf
04-30-2014, 11:59 PM
has dried up here also, have not even seen any 25gr at my local WM and they were getting it in every couple weekes

rona
05-01-2014, 07:59 AM
With all the problems with both the B-Mag and shells splitting maybe they are questioning continuing making the ammo. That would be a bummer.

Lonewulf
05-01-2014, 08:26 AM
yes it would be a bummer considering now many $$$ I have in 2 rifles, stocks, scopes, etc. :(

Lonewulf
05-02-2014, 12:18 AM
explain this to me, why does GB have some many people with the 17 WSM 20gr ammo for sale and none can be found for the rest of us looking for it?

bremereric
05-02-2014, 11:17 AM
You want some real bad. You can get 250 rounds for 250 bucks here. :o

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=413636387

bremereric
05-02-2014, 04:09 PM
I contacted Winchester today about the ammo.

Thank you for contacting Winchester Ammunition.

We appreciate your business and we look forward to providing you with the same high level of customer service and support you have come to expect from us.

Here is the initial question/comment you submitted to Winchester on 5/2/2014along with our response.

Question:
Can you update me on the production of your new 17 WSM ammo. There are a lot of us loving it and the new SS B-Mag but we can't find the ammo. I understand it's a new caliber but any info you can get me on the availability of the ammo would be very much appreciated.

Thank you

Answer:This product is very new and in high demand. You should begin to see an increase in the supply in the upcoming weeks.

Best Regards,

Technical Services Dept.

Thank you for your feedback and for being a valued Winchester customer.

Sincerely,

n4ue
05-02-2014, 05:25 PM
Gee, I'm another 2 rifle BMag owner and HOPE they don't quit production.
I posted a note a while back when the 17 WSM first came out. I 'think' it was in American Rifleman where a Win spokesman commented that if the demand was there, they were contemplating additional calibers based on the nail gun round: 22 WSM and 25 WSM.
Considering the problems with the first version of the rifle and defective ammo, I'll bet they are rethinking that 'opportunity'... ha ha

ron

happy with my SS rifle