PDA

View Full Version : It was on the bolt-before I broke it !

scpaul
02-10-2014, 07:41 PM
The piece on the outside of the bolt body ,ahead of the bolt handle,open on the bottom & has a small ball bearing that runs in a groove on the outside of the bolt.It has a cam/ramp that engages w/bolt handle. I haven't tried to shoot it w/o it. The bolt seems to function ok.The only thing that I can see is that it may help stabilize the bolt while in battery. Any suggestions where I can get one? It happened late today Shooters & Brownells don't have it. How about a list of other possibilities ?

BillPa
02-10-2014, 08:08 PM
It called the rear baffle. It serves two functions. One , its the last line of defense to keep stuff out of your snot locker in the event of a case faliure and two, in conjunction with the bolt handle provides the primary extraction. You can use it as is but you may have a heck of time extracting a fired case.

You could try http://www.sharpshootersupply.com/ for a replacement.

Bill

scpaul
02-10-2014, 08:21 PM
Appreciate it,but they don't have any satin(preferred) or blued even though the I-page says they do. (Per Steve in service @ about 4:00 EST) Also no firing pins,f-pin springs. It was my mistake,I called them "shooters". Gonna try Midway tomorrow,Brownell's about the same as "Sharp Shooters" Thanks again Paul

Hotolds442
02-10-2014, 09:05 PM
The part you're looking for is:
REAR BAFFLE ASSY RH RT MATTE - PN: 106232 $13.00

Call Savage at (413) 568-7001 for parts and service, I'm sure they can hook you up.

scpaul
02-10-2014, 10:56 PM
Thanks everybody, had found Savage's & Midway's ph# , but didn't have p/n .I also want to check firingpin protrusion before I call them I'm aware of the fact that theres 2 different firingpins. Any idea of time factor if they have it in stock?