PDA

View Full Version : Savage Striker??

Nor Cal Mikie
03-10-2010, 08:39 PM
Got the "bug" and was thinking about a build. ;) Did a search and found Greg's Striker. I don't know anything about the Striker but, I'de sure like to build one. Are the factory Strikers all left bolt?
With a new action (unregistered) you could build a pistol or rifle. What about building off a left hand rifle action? Ever make it a single shot? Or, right eject, left bolt? Are stocks available? Greg, you could jump in here. :) I love Greg's stock.
I've got an extra 22 or 6 BR barrel that could be cut down. Any and all input would be appreciated. Thanks, Mike.

pdog06
03-10-2010, 10:05 PM
All factory ones are LH. Once an action is registered as a rifle it cannot be LEGALLY used for a pistol. I believe Northlander can get unregistered actions, but not sure what type(LH,RH, target action, etc). Alot of guys are building them off of undesignated target actions due to the lack of factory Striker actions out there. Mcgowen will do Striker barrels for about $170. Most others charge the same as a full rifle barrel. Stocks can be had from Neal Cooper(358hammer), Joel Russo, and a couple others.

The factory Striker action is a LH bolt, but still has a RH eject, which is really cool.

I'm in the middle of building one as well, all I need now is a barrel.

Sure Greg will jump in soon. He has helped me out alot during my build process as well.

Nor Cal Mikie
03-10-2010, 10:47 PM
Me being right handed made me think of building off a left hand action.
I miss my XP 100 that I converted into a rifle. It shoots bug holes and did while it was a pistol. Thinking more on the Savage action for a build because it's so easy.
I looked for the stock that Greg has but came up empty.
I like the idea of a left hand bolt and eject. That way you would still be holding the rig in your right hand. Got lots of questions and digging to do..
Are there any "left hand" target actions? (left bolt, left eject)
What about the older actions? Any left hand, single shot?
And if you're building, you would probably know.
I guess I could start with a left hand action and have the bottom welded up to make it a single shot. Or, go single shot follower like my other rifles.

Balljoint
03-10-2010, 11:26 PM
Question: what if the action is registered as a pistol can it be made into a rifle.

EFBell
03-10-2010, 11:32 PM
as long as you have a legal barrel length and a full stock.

Balljoint
03-10-2010, 11:49 PM
Thanks for the info.

pdog06
03-11-2010, 01:56 PM
http://specialtypistols.infopop.cc/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=9066056864&f=7946077864&m=856102825&r=371103925#371103925

Blue Avenger
03-16-2010, 11:37 AM
which stock, I have 6. lol the red one? red tint clear paint.

Nor Cal Mikie
03-16-2010, 02:10 PM
I like the looks of the "rear grip" stocks. Color doesn't really make that much difference. Just as long as it's laminated wood with 5+ coats of Automotive Clearcoat to bring out the colors. ;)