PDA

View Full Version : Rejoice, times are getting better!

n4ue
02-08-2014, 10:10 PM
Went to the lgs today and (I still can't believe it), he had a shipment of Hodgdon Lil gun! I only bought 2 cans, although he had more, since I hate hoarders. I've been waiting over a year for that powder for my .17 HH and .221 FBs. This lgs also has seen a dramatic increase in shipments of .22 lr. He said he got some of those Remington 'buckets' of 1400 rounds. (aprox $70). He also stated he has been getting an assortment of brands and box sizes.
Another lgs gets 10,000 rounds of .22 lr every Monday am. I haven't bothered to buy any for over a year.
If everyone would just calm down and not horde, there would be enough for everyone.......

ron

Rick_W
02-08-2014, 11:24 PM
I've been in a few stores recently and seen .22LR behind the counter - not in great amounts but I have seen it - and I also pass on buying it.

The prices are competitive but I don't need it.

Now .22 WMR...

maxl
02-09-2014, 08:41 AM
I can't believe after nearly 5 yrs of shortages of one type or another in the shooting sports industries (powder,primers,brass,guns,gun parts ect.) those manufacturing such things have not been able to meet demand.I know I am getting tired of reading out of stock no backorder. or 8 month wait for a gun stock, really come on hire a few people, enough being cheap the demand is there and it will be well into the future

thermaler
02-09-2014, 09:41 AM
5.56 is as low as I go so never been an issue for me. : ) But yes--I've seen more powders and bullets at my small lgs (not the big boxes--they still get cleaned out by hoarders) than I have in more than a year.

jonbearman
02-11-2014, 02:19 PM
Does LGS ship or only do local sales?

thermaler
02-11-2014, 03:27 PM
Does LGS ship or only do local sales?AFAIK they do ship. I'm reluctant to spill the beans since they will no doubt sell out of whatever "secret stash" I lust after : )--but it's North Georgia Reloading--great bunch of guys and my top go-to store for all things reloading. They occasionally stock rare "vintage" bullets and components sold to them by guys who are getting divorced etc . : ) They showed me some really cool 200 gr Lapua match bullets made by speer in 30 cal--looked like an exotic bullet to make.