PDA

View Full Version : accustock vs Bedded

Unflappable
03-10-2010, 03:46 PM
I've gotten some comments about the Accustock not being so desirable especially when rebarreling. For a rebarrel it might be tricky to get the taper just right, particularly if I want other than absolute stock.
Anyone have any input on the accuracy potential of Accustock vs bedded? Anyone put a little thicker tapered barrel on an Accustock?
Thanks,
Unflappable

stevewhr
03-10-2010, 07:31 PM
Rebarreling shouldn't be a problem. I think all the barrels on Accustocks are free floating. Some folks report very good accuracy with the accustock. My personal experience is just short or wonderful accuracy. Perhaps my experience is the barrel rather than the stock.

Unflappable
03-10-2010, 07:40 PM
Thanks, which barrel are you using?

MSG Janoski
03-11-2010, 09:57 AM
Personally I'd disregard those "comments". I have a 10 FLCP-K, thats with the heavy fluted barrel, and it has crazy great accuracy. I'd never consider bedding an AccuStock because of the way it's made and how it is meant to perform. With it's channel I don't think you would have any problem re-barreling.

EFBell
03-11-2010, 10:15 AM
I dont think he was considering bedding the accustock. Believe he was asking for comaprison to a bedded stock performance wise. I think you will find more variation between the barrels, trigger, loads, shooter etc. than the bedding system. But thats only an opinion

justeric
03-12-2010, 04:35 PM
MSG Janoski, You said your getting great results from your FCP - K? What sort of grouping are you getting? Does that muzzle break reduce the recoil or is it just eye candy? Of the savage offerings in 308, I'm considering the FCP - K, Carbine and the Choate Tatical. The Choate doesn't have the AccuStock. Do you have an opinion on which is the best?

Thanks,
Eric

MSG Janoski
03-13-2010, 09:35 AM
Eric,
Saw this last post after your PM's to me. I think from your research and fact finding you've made a good decision. Hope I was able to help some and thanks again for your kind words.

I can add Fred Choate puts allot of problem solving design work into his stocks and the new "Tactical" line has great features, it is a full length aluminum bedding design, just not the 3D design as the Savage AccuStock. Personally if the AccuStock was not a feature of the 10's that have them I'd choose a Choate Tactical over a McMillan or HS.