PDA

View Full Version : B-Mag Series: Has anyone silenced the Bmag?

Matt99
02-07-2014, 05:45 PM
So I'm thinking this caliber will bea good candidate for a suppressor. The thin barrel and no threading makes for a difficult project though. The barrel is 0.525" and threading turn down will be 0.497". I was also thinking of cutting the barrel down as well. Any results with this?

It won't be 22 quiet but it will be a hell of a fun gun suppressed. Several 22cal suppressors will take the pressure I think but I will check before. I have a 22 can in jail so it will be a bit before starting this. I think the .224 cans will be too heavy even in Ti.

any opinions?

rsh4364
02-07-2014, 06:28 PM
About ready to silence mine for ever,just not sure which method,strangle it to death,poison or just shoot her with one of her sisters...LOL...But if I were you Id wait for a bull barrel version,

rsh4364
02-08-2014, 06:34 PM
Sorry Matt99,Just venting on the B-mag Im mad at,had high hopes for it.I really like your idea.

Matt99
02-08-2014, 08:04 PM
Ha yea I understand. It won't cost much to thread so what I'll probably do is wait until the stamp comes in and if they make a bull barrel in the mean time I'll just rebarrel the gun and open up the stock

missed
02-08-2014, 09:58 PM
I was planning on getting a can for one if I got one, the silencerco spetra is supposed to be good to go for the 17WSM. I am going to give things another year to see if some of the quality issues get addressed and maybe a lefty....but the way they chopped the lefty line I am not holding my breath.