PDA

View Full Version : full aluminiun beading block

GUN DOG
02-07-2014, 02:20 AM
I have a 250 savage Ai on a Stevens action basix trigger with a sporter barrel

im looking for a sporter stock with a full aluminum bedding block for a short action centered Stevens action,
Point met the right way.
If possible I would like to convert the blind mag on the stevens to a DBM MAG so the stock would have to support this. The only thing I have found is a houge stock that meets the requirements.
I will search for the parts to do this hopefully I can find the post to let me know what parts to get to convert blind center feed to DBM(if you have a link for this that would be great)

hope this makes it clearer it was late last night & i have recently got back into savages

thomae
02-07-2014, 09:01 AM
Moderator's Note: OP's post is a "Where to buy" question. Not a "Want to buy" ad.

To the OP, I am not sure I understand everything in your post. Would you please edit it to clarify? That would help.

futurerider103
02-07-2014, 09:45 AM
How about an accustock

Nor Cal Mikie
02-07-2014, 10:22 AM
Try www.whiddengunworks.com. Got 3ea. for my Savage rigs and they work like a champ. Not sure about going to the DBM Mag. Mine are all set up as single shots.

futurerider103
02-07-2014, 10:28 AM
That looks like a great option for a Boyd stock addition

missed
02-07-2014, 10:42 AM
Whidden gun works has them. I don't know if there machining them for a dBm yet. I am about to buy one for my Boyds stock

Nor Cal Mikie
02-07-2014, 10:51 AM
They have the mag well cut out in the block. Not sure how the fitting of the DBM would work. One thing I've had to do on all of mine is bore out the bottom of the slot for the recoil lug. Not deep enough and the lug would bottom out and hold the action up off the block.

GUN DOG
02-07-2014, 05:19 PM
This is going to be a repeater & a carry around the woods rifle so the Whidden v block will not work for centerfeeds according to their web sight

missed
02-07-2014, 05:21 PM
This is going to be a repeater & a carry around the woods rifle so the Whidden v block will not work for centerfeeds according to their web sight

I called them about it and they said they had the cf block in the works.

GUN DOG
02-07-2014, 06:19 PM
Then their block could be an option if it doesnt take too much longer

FW Conch
02-07-2014, 09:18 PM
Any of the blocks or skeletons make for a heavy carry rifle. Good hunting accuracy can be achieved with a well pillar bedded stock.