PDA

View Full Version : Sightron service experience??

gulf60
02-06-2014, 07:10 PM
Has anyone ever sent a Sightron back for repair? My little manual says to send it back with $7.50 with a note stating what's wrong. The web site doesn't mention the money. Additionally, I sent a email with same question this morning and got no reply. I tried calling this afternoon and only got a busy signal. If I sent it out, and had no "return authorization", I might not even know if they got it.
The windage turret gets tight/loose as I adjust. Additionally, I took the turret off and noticed teflon tape on the treads of the screw and down below (in the scope turret area). Just wondering if anyone else has been sucessful sending one back for service/warranty. This is the only problem I've had with the scope. I generally like it. SIII 6x24 on a M10 223.

gulf60
02-07-2014, 11:41 AM
Well, got an email response this morning. So, I don't feel like I'm sending the scope into a black hole. Just got a new LRP in 243 and am a little sad I've got to send the scope back before I can wring it out, but. I'll spend a couple of days shooting for groups only, then off it goes.

jpdown
02-07-2014, 06:31 PM
Over the year I have owned several Sightron scopes. Never had to send one back for repair. From what I have read they honor their lifetime warranty.

gulf60
02-07-2014, 07:45 PM
I'll be sending it back Monday (now that I got the email reply). I have 2 of the 6x24 SIII's. Been happy up to now. I don't like how the design to move the turret adjustments depends on screw tension. But, if repair holds up, I'll be satisfied. Will be taking a look at other scopes in this price bracket to see what actually moves the adjustments. The Leopold v3 looks interesting, even if it cost a bit more than the Sightron. Optics may be running me to the poor house.

lal357
02-16-2014, 10:02 AM
i'll be sending mine back next week after i shoot it in an f t/r match no repair getting custom turrets put on (135.00) i had no problem getting intouch with them call went right thru asked for custom shop and done..i've never had a problem with my 10-50x60 i have one of the first gen 1/4" moa click and want to go to a 1/8" turret.
i just picked up a nightforce 12-442x56 benchrest the only reason i got it over another sightron was i got for a cheap/great price.

BobT
02-21-2014, 10:05 PM
I sent a pistol scope back for repair after I e-mailed them and got a very prompt reply. It took a couple of weeks and they didn't repair my scope, just sent me a new one, no questions asked.

Bob

gulf60
02-27-2014, 12:29 PM
Got the scope back today with a replaced windage turret. No charge, was gone 17 days including mail/ship time. I guess that's good service enough. Will be remounting on new LRP today. Getting ready for PD hunt in May. Wanted to give credit where it was due.

lal357
02-28-2014, 07:58 AM
I hope mine comes back that quick they got it yesterday swapping to 1/8" moa turrets they told me 25 working days . I told them I need it back by mid April for a team f t/r match and if not to let me know so I can take the nightforce off my open class rifle.

Sent from my HP 7 using Tapatalk

Carvera
02-28-2014, 01:41 PM
I have dealt with Bill Ackerman (I believe that's his name). I had a reticle issue and Sightron had me send the scope to him to have the work done.

Not sure if they still do this, but as of a few years ago Mr. Ackerman was doing great work for Sightron. I was very pleased with his work.