PDA

View Full Version : Is Still Good In The World

Stockrex
02-06-2014, 02:23 PM
After a month of 80 inches of snow and many many travel issues and yucky flu/stomach stuff with kids, I am worn out.
Image you had to come back from your business trip to this

http://i.imgur.com/riMF1IE.jpg

or even this at the airport:

http://i.imgur.com/iS7DJCa.jpg

But then you experience positive things that do make a difference, like:

1. When I dropped my $600 pda phone on the snow in the airport parking lot and drove back home, then drove to the airport and as I approached the airport Police, I saw an airport policeman holding my phone and piece of paper.

2. Bought a ML from DD here and had it sent to my FFL, went to pick it up and he said, No charge with a smile!

3. Bought few items here and with all the curd going on, was late in buying and mailing my MO, the sellers had shipped the item before receiving payment!

to be continued...

ShawneeB
02-06-2014, 07:01 PM
Proof there is a tooth fairy!

fgw_in_fla
02-06-2014, 08:43 PM
Every now & again humanity throws you a curve ball.
Chalk one up for the good guys.

barrel-nut
02-06-2014, 10:11 PM
Hope things get better soon for y'all. This time of year is always a downer. But I can't imagine having to deal with all that snow. That's just unimaginable to those of us who never see that kind of thing. I get irritated if there's heavy frost on my windshield and I have to use the remote starter to start the car 5 minutes early to thaw it out lol. That's a bad morning down here. :-)

Hotolds442
02-06-2014, 10:17 PM
Right now, we're at 15 degrees, 30mph steady winds with gusts to 50, and it's been snowing all day. The drifts are piling up fast. This year we've basically had no winter, until today. It's supposed to snow until Saturday and then switch to freezing rain. Life is good lol!

bootsmcguire
02-06-2014, 11:11 PM
Hey I here ya. I have had tons of weather here myself, woke up this morning to -3* plus a 20mph wind and fresh snow drifting all over. I was just starting to get down about this week, and after checking Midway and finding the 450BM Dies I have long been searching for and they actually had the bullets I wanted for it too. I was so shocked I thought I was going to have a heart attack right there.

You never know whats going to pop up and turn your day around.