PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: Nosler .22LR "Tactical"

Silvercrow1
02-04-2014, 03:50 PM
Just picked up a couple boxes of Nosler .22LR "Tactical", for an OK price. Anybody using these? I'm planning on using them in my Savage MK II classic- hoping they are decently accurate. Say on the box " high performance target". Hoping to get some feedback. Cracks me up the way "tactical" is used any more :rolleyes: but Nosler makes good components generally. I have an opportunity to get more but I wont have a chance to shoot any till next eek.

Thanks for any input!

Brian

ShowMeShooter
02-04-2014, 05:15 PM
I've never seen them locally, I'm interested in how they perform for you. Can you post a pic of the package, just curious.

Matt99
02-04-2014, 07:43 PM
Never seen it. It wasn't Norma, huh?

I do love Nosler products though

mikein
02-05-2014, 09:50 AM
Brian, between EVERYTHING being "tactical," and EVERYTHING being "camo'ed" it makes you wonder how we ever got along in the hunting and shooting world! I hunted Colorado mule deer with a non-tactical .270 Winchester, while wearing a complete set of blaze orange coveralls, and scored a mulie every year for 18 years! Still can't figure out how I did that.

Silvercrow1
02-05-2014, 10:39 PM
Brian, between EVERYTHING being "tactical," and EVERYTHING being "camo'ed" it makes you wonder how we ever got along in the hunting and shooting world! I hunted Colorado mule deer with a non-tactical .270 Winchester, while wearing a complete set of blaze orange coveralls, and scored a mulie every year for 18 years! Still can't figure out how I did that.

Ahhh...maybe you were tactical, but didn't know it. I think I read somewhere that deer, mulies in particular, see blaze orange as "camo".. which explains everything. Everything EXCEPT the over use of words like "tactical". LOL- thanks for the humor!

Brian

Silvercrow1
02-05-2014, 10:41 PM
I've never seen them locally, I'm interested in how they perform for you. Can you post a pic of the package, just curious.

I'll post a pic sometime Thursday. They look very well made, uniform and all. I'll let you all know how they / I do! JUST got in my Eley Match ammo. too. Gonna have some fun! Brian

sha-ul
02-05-2014, 11:25 PM
When did Nosler start making Rimfire?

Silvercrow1
02-06-2014, 03:00 PM
DANG IT!! Well its been a hard week. It is NOT Nosler, it is NORMA!! My sincere apologies guys! I did pick up the right powder..at least. So ANYWAY- anyone have experience with the NORMA .22LR tactical? :wacko: Hoo Boy.....

Brian

mikein
02-06-2014, 03:38 PM
Nosler introduced them in, I believe, 2012:http://www.noslerreloading.com/viewtopic.php?t=18736&p=165539

Matt99
02-06-2014, 03:45 PM
DANG IT!! Well its been a hard week. It is NOT Nosler, it is NORMA!! My sincere apologies guys! I did pick up the right powder..at least. So ANYWAY- anyone have experience with the NORMA .22LR tactical? :wacko: Hoo Boy.....

Brian

The Norma tactical 22 is just supposedly a 22 designed for the AR-22s. Coated bullets and cleaner powders. I have good luck with the copper coated ones anyway do I don't see a big reason to jump on it other than the fact that it has been in Stock.

If you have noticed, the 22 designed for the ARs tends to be more expensive. Marketing pitch at its finest.

Silvercrow1
02-06-2014, 05:02 PM
The Norma tactical 22 is just supposedly a 22 designed for the AR-22s. Coated bullets and cleaner powders. I have good luck with the copper coated ones anyway do I don't see a big reason to jump on it other than the fact that it has been in Stock.

If you have noticed, the 22 designed for the ARs tends to be more expensive. Marketing pitch at its finest.

I did notice that. However, with my 110 in .223 for instance, the American Eagle "AR" "Tipped" ammo. shoots extremely well- for factory ammo. ALMOST as good as the Hornady v-max, and at about half the price. Again in my gun- I realize this might not be an across the board thing...

But I am trying to get as much accuracy out of my .22lr as possible. Ordered a rimfire gauge measurer thingy and am looking at the Paco Tool and the Waltz .22 bullet re-formers. I like the Waltz but not the price. Still...if I can accurize all the cheap-stuff ammo. I have it might be worth it...Thanks!
Brian