PDA

View Full Version : I wonder what it would take? Adjustable muzzle brake.(AK)

big honkin jeep
02-04-2014, 03:13 PM
I wonder what it would take to get Savage to make a line of their adjustable muzzle brakes (AK) as an accessory to fit many of their newer .30 caliber 5/8x24 threaded heavy barrels? They have lots of models out with the threaded barrels now that come with only a thread protector. I think it would be nice to have these available as a factory option rather than having to rely on the aftermarket. I have been shooting these for years on several other rifles and really love the option of being able to turn them on or off. They would probably also sell well for use on other makes and models of firearms with the 5/8x24 thread.
Just thinking out loud

Hotolds442
02-04-2014, 06:10 PM
Have you tried ordering one through Savage? The part numbers are available through the parts finder.

J.Baker
02-04-2014, 06:25 PM
I don't know why you'd want one, the factory on/off style (like most factory brakes) aren't very effective when compared to a quality aftermarket brake, and the aftermarket brake would probably be cheaper as well.

big honkin jeep
02-07-2014, 07:13 PM
Unfortunately the factory adjustable brakes aren't threaded to what has become the standard thread for .30 cal 5/8x24 and also wouldn't match up even close to most of the new model 10 LE series barrel contours.
I've tried a lot of brakes and really like the adjustable factory brakes. They seem to work as well or better than most of the aftermarket I've tried and I find them to be very effective. I also love the ability to turn em off.
I own and have shot a lot of different brakes but I really love the factory adjustable (AK) style.
Maybe the only person on the planet that feels this way about em.