PDA

View Full Version : If Midway twisted Bell and Carlsons arm...

Pages : [1] 2

CAPTBEACH
02-04-2014, 12:05 AM
If Midway twisted Bell and Carlsons arm to actually support the Savage LA with the Tactical Medalist, the A2-A5 styles and other higher end stocks, AND supported the Savage SA better with a M40 style stock and the offerings currently only available to the M700...would you buy them?

87predator
02-04-2014, 10:57 AM
I would def. be interested in a m40 LA stock.

03mossy
02-04-2014, 11:10 AM
As would I

cqh1111
02-04-2014, 11:45 AM
I would buy a couple long action stocks.

moecarama
02-04-2014, 02:45 PM
M40 and A2 in a long action would be great!

shoalwater
02-04-2014, 03:12 PM
They won't, I asked, and they say that can't keep up with current demand so why add more stocks.

scpaul
02-04-2014, 04:41 PM
Uh, I don't know,maybe to Savage Shooters business. I like Midway;do alot of business w/them,but they ain't the only game in town.I'd prefer to pay a single shipping charge .If I'm going to order I usually order more than just a stock. Paul

Maztech89
02-04-2014, 04:50 PM
Yes I'd be very interested. I want to do a long action 260rem build but I don't have the jack or patience for a custom stock so I'm forced to use a short action so I can use a Varmint/Tactical B&C. While I'm wishing for things that won't happen, I'd like an adjustable cheek piece on the V/T too while I'm at it.

CAPTBEACH
02-04-2014, 05:27 PM
They won't, I asked, and they say that can't keep up with current demand so why add more stocks.

They need to fire the CEO and hire me...I could solve that problem in 90 days... but on the other hand...I DISAGREE with that assumption...they are not adding more stocks...lets say they are making 2000 stocks a month and selling all 2000 of them...every stock that comes out of the mold is UN INLET'd...they then chuck that un inlet'd stock into a jig and decide which CNC inleting program they are going to use for THAT stock...a blank stock can be inleted for any variation...be it Remington 700 SA/LA, Howa, M70, Savage SA/LA...its just digital numbers in the CNC...so they expand the product line...the M40 stock they are currently making ONLY for Remington 700 could easily be inletted for Savage Short or Long action...same with the A2...they make the same stock for M700 LA and SA, Howa, Weatherby and Savage SA...no LA available...same with the A5...so they still make 2000 stocks a month...they just satisfy a larger segment of customers...

mossback91
02-05-2014, 02:27 AM
I would be all over a M40 LA

Jetpig
02-05-2014, 10:22 AM
B&C is missing out! Choate gets my cash for Savage. Medalist needs a rounded forend anyway. Need a Bell & Choate!

Londerko
02-10-2014, 01:33 AM
Oh man, I would love to have a B&C tactical A2 medalist for my 300 win mag 110. The tactical choate is a very nice stock, especially for the money, but the medalist is much lighter, you could pack it arround hunting no problem.
Just my 2 cents -Leo

NotoriousAPP
02-10-2014, 07:26 PM
I def want the B&C tactical medalist. Why are they so dumb and or slow not to make one??? The only option I see for <$500 is the Choate tactical but that means I'm packing a much heavier rifle.

scpaul
02-17-2014, 10:25 PM
Wonder if they watch these forums? Seems some of the most cost efficient market research, nationwide, not just regional. Paul

mfast10
03-17-2014, 02:47 PM
I would buy a medalist in LA in a heartbeat. I really want to build either a 6.5 swede or 30-06 and use a B&C which severely limits what I can use if I do not want to use a R700 action.

badmutha6
03-17-2014, 03:45 PM
I would also buy a Tactical Medalist in a heartbeat. My favorite stock in that one on a SA

2footroper
03-23-2014, 09:06 AM
I would love an Alaskan for my 111 LRH.

Savage6x284
03-24-2014, 04:26 AM
I wouldn't buy a B&C stock because I much prefer the stocks offered by McMillan and Brown Precision.

I'd probably like a Manners, a Robertson, and a Lone Wolf too but have never tried any of these.

As to the gentleman who stated that he should be the CEO of B&C, his analysis doesn't work.

If B&C makes 2000 stocks and sells every one of them right now, and adds additional models to be inlet, then the inlets they already do (and sell) would necessarily be reduced by the number of new inlets added to the production line.
The only solution for meeting present demand (something the accountants and owner surely insist upon), AND adding new inlets would be to increase worker shifts and add additional milling machines. Knowing nothing about the size of the B&C shop they may very well have to expand the entire facility if they are presently at or near full.

McMillan will make you a Savage stock in the pattern you desire and they will also inlet it however you specify. If you want a soda straw size barrel McMillan can do that. If you want a reverse tapered barrel and a 2" thick recoil lug (?) of your own design then send a tracing of it to McMillan along with a some measurements and McMillan will make it happen.
I do believe that they charge like $40 or so for the programming if they don't have the pattern in their massive CNC library. If McMillan thinks they'll use the program in the future they likely won't even charge the programming fee.

barrel-nut
03-24-2014, 09:45 AM
The reason Bell and Carlson sells all 2000 stocks they make each month is that they offer a quality product at a reasonable price. You could buy three or more B&C's for the price of one McMillan. Not everybody wants to or can afford to spend $600-1000 for a rifle stock. I own a few B&C's and I like them. I don't own a McMillan, nor do I desire to, as I just can't see that much value being added over what B&C offers.
Edit: remember that the 2000 stocks/month is a purely hypothetical number

Lrhiker
03-25-2014, 09:28 AM
I would be more interested in a medalist sporter sa. The savage sa sporters seem almost non existent.