PDA

View Full Version : Savage trimming lh models?

BFish22
02-02-2014, 08:57 PM
I noticed while browsing savage's website earlier this week that many of their lefty models were no longer listed. Seems like the only options now are the model 11, model 12 flv or a predator hunter only in 223. Gone are the 14 classic, weather warriors, flcp-k's and most calibers in the predator hunter series. This forced me to find and order a 260 a year or 2 earlier than I planned...guess I won't complain to much about that though....

I'm kinda bummed being a left handed shooter. Really like the savages and they seemed to have the best variety of options for lefty's up until now. Guess I can just focus on shooting the guns I have now instead of new builds....just venting.

Bryan

Hotolds442
02-02-2014, 09:03 PM
Well that certainly sucks!

missed
02-02-2014, 11:59 PM
That's bs. Guess I'll just have to buy the cheapest one and part out the stuff I don't want.

the Ranger
02-03-2014, 03:22 AM
I noticed that too, had hoped it was just a glitch in the updating of the site.

J.Baker
02-03-2014, 07:25 AM
Get used to it because I have a feeling that it will remain this way until Savage expands to increase their production capacity. As it sits right now they're really struggling to keep up with orders so they're cutting a lot of low-volume models to free up time in the production schedule for the high volume models.

Also, given the *cough* cheap *cough* nature of most Savage enthusiasts I wouldn't be surprised to hear that sales of 110 based LH rifles fell significantly as a result of the introduction of the LH Axis.

Even though Savage's LH offerings are dwindling, some of the other manufacturers have actually increased their LH options in the last few years. Browning and Ruger both offer more LH options now than they ever have in the past. CZ offers quality LH bolt-action rimfire alternatives to the Savages, and Remington has a decent enough selection of LH models to meet most needs. Rock River Arms has joined Stag Arms in offering true left-hand AR-15's as well.

the Ranger
02-07-2014, 02:04 AM
looks like the LH models are back. thats a relief.