PDA

View Full Version : B-Mag Series: B.mag flexie stock

Poor Shot
02-02-2014, 02:31 PM
At the gun show yesterday I looked at all the B.mags there (6 of them) and their stocks in particular. Every one of them was the same with the stock touching the barrel on the left side just like my two rifles. It has occurred to me that in addition to the material possibly being to soft for what they are using it for, there is also (or may be?) a problem at the end of the production procedure. I assume the stocks are made by some sort of injection molding process, you know, hot stuff pumped into a mold then cooled and removed. In order to make as many stocks as they can as fast as they can, I think they are removing the stocks from the molds too soon, before the material has properly cooled and set in its shape and the result is that it bends and stays that way. This is just something I thought of since all the stocks seem to have the same "bend" in them. As with everything else, I'm probably wrong.

Yankee
02-02-2014, 08:15 PM
It's entirely possible.

This gun was clearly rushed to market in an attempt to capitalize as much as possible on the rights to the .17 WSM cartridge that Savage bought (ended 1/1/14).

It seems like everything besides the bottom line was an afterthought.

This is a gun that will cost Savage some reputation, at the very least.

owenp
02-02-2014, 08:28 PM
My barrel leaned hard to the left in the Boyd stock too, nothing having my gunsmith free float the barrel couldn't fix
On a happy note whatever he did made the magazine clip in flawlessly. Weather permitting I will be testing it out this weekend coming up.

Sniper Steve
02-03-2014, 01:10 PM
I think some 100 grit emery on a deep well socket should do the trick if the barrel is rubbing the fore end stock and retorque action screws to 40 inch lbs per owner man

Matt99
02-04-2014, 12:48 AM
I need a smith like yours