PDA

View Full Version : 12 LRP Bolt Bumper Pad

Kjb1769
01-31-2014, 06:46 PM
I have a couple of questions about the bump pad that is on the bottom of the bolt handle. Mine fell of today and I want to know if the point of impact would change?
The bolt will rotate further clockwise when view from the butt stock.
I fired several more rounds before I noticed it laying on the bench my shots went lower compared to the previous shots does that seem right?
Has anyone else tried this to see if in fact the Point of impact changes?
Thanks

AZ_GUN_NUT
02-01-2014, 12:02 PM
I guess you could check your head spacing with and without the bump pad in place and see if that changes? It's quite possible that it might which would cause your chamber pressures to either increase or decrease slightly depending on which way your head spacing changed? Just a theory but you never know?

David_4
02-01-2014, 01:41 PM
Here is some info

http://forum.accurateshooter.com/index.php?topic=3832484.0

02-02-2014, 12:17 PM
I don't see how it could change headspace. The bolt lugs are done "camming in" long before the bumper touches the receiver.

If it bugs you, you could just rip off the bumper, melt some silicon bronze filler into the recess on the bolt handle where the bumper goes, and file it flush. Then just take your time when you close the bolt...or don't use a 6-ounce trigger pull and you won't need to worry about it. That's what I did.