PDA

View Full Version : New member looking for advise

4IDARCHER
01-31-2014, 11:53 AM
Hello,
I am a longtime shooter and hunter that in the last 10-15 years have strictly bowhunted, with one or two muzzleloading hunts thrown in. My first centerfire wasa 111 Savage in .243 and have just got back into the game with a weatherwarrior in .300 Win Mag. Awesome rifle and more accurate then I will ever bewith 180gr Federal Barnes X (not the new polymer tip XLR) load.
Since I do all of my elk and bear hunting with a bow, this rifle will be formulies, Coues, and maybe antelope if I decide to put my bow down for a season.I do have a question concerning this rifle though; with a gun as accurate asthis one is a real life 1/2 MOA rifle with certain loads. Do I dare mess withit at all? I would love to at a minimum have the stocked dipped and lighten upthe trigger a bit as it has the accutrigger but nervous about doing anything tothis rifle as it shoots so well. What do you guys think?

sniper15545
01-31-2014, 02:50 PM
Dipping it should not affect the accuracy as long as the tang area and the barrel and actions area's are cleared. As far as the trigger you can change the trigger spring and adjust it without affecting the accuracy at all as long as you torqe the action screws when you reassemble the action to the stock.

P.S. They might move this thread to "questions About". Welcome to the site.