PDA

View Full Version : Shout out to Jim

scooterf79
01-31-2014, 01:17 AM
Everybody on here seems to know this, but I had the privilege of talking to Jim yesterday concerning my first build. He knows is stuff and is more than willing to help any way he can, will definitely be placing my order soon with him. Hes definitely a class act
Thanks Jim

Fishf40
02-02-2014, 02:18 PM
I too just spoke to Jim this week for the first time. He took about 40 minutes out of his day to help me get set up with a new Criterion barrel. I also purchased his barrel nut wrench, trued recoil lug, trued barrel nut, and action wrench. His prices for the extra parts and the barrel were VERY reasonable. This is the first time I've ever switched out a barrel, so his help was very appreciated.

I'm swapping my factory 22-250 for a Criterion. 1:9 twist, 26", on a Savage LRPV (left side ejection action).

6.5labs
02-02-2014, 05:08 PM
He can be hard to get a hold of but that is because he is busy filling someone else up with knowledge. Have to wait your turn and it is worth it. I am sure he has forgot more information about savage than i will ever know. I have bought 2 shillen barrels from him and he takes the time to make sure you know you everything you need to know about you purchase. Jim surely is one of the good ones.

Slowpoke Slim
02-05-2014, 10:00 AM
Yes!

Jim is a great guy! He spent at least half an hour on phone with me when I first decided I wanted to rebarrel my first Savage. I was going to order the barrel and have a gunsmith put it on. He very kindly and patiently talked me through the whole process at the time of order, and told me what tools to order, and said to call him when I was ready to do it and he'd walk me through step by step as I swapped my barrel.

A real class act.

I have since bought 4 barrels and 2 rifles from him over the phone. Each time has been a pleasure, and his prices are great. He'll be the first one I call if I need anything Savage.

Big "Thank You" to Jim Briggs at Northland Shooters Supply for being there for all of us Savage shooters.

harleyreb1
02-05-2014, 12:08 PM
I also had a great experience with him this past week! I'll buy from him again!

sniper15545
02-05-2014, 07:46 PM
Anyone who does not know it Jim is a great guy to deal with and He will take time to talk to you about your project.

silverduck
02-23-2014, 11:23 AM
Jim is amazing; I have bought two Shilen barrels,lug's and nuts from him. I have won match's with both barrels.Yesterday I shot my first match with a Shilen 6.5 CM [600 yards] I won the match and the barrel is very accurate.

darb
02-23-2014, 11:57 PM
has anyone have any information on Jims laminated savage stocks?

stomp442
02-24-2014, 09:50 AM
I believe they are the factory savage laminates offered on the bvss and lrp models. I purchased a bvss stock along with a varmint weight criterion barrel and it was a drop in fit. No barrel channel inletting needed.

darb
02-24-2014, 07:13 PM
I believe they are the factory savage laminates offered on the bvss and lrp models. I purchased a bvss stock along with a varmint weight criterion barrel and it was a drop in fit. No barrel channel inletting needed.
I ordered the varmint select match shieln barrel, .473 action and varmit stock. I was just curious, another 10-12 days (waiting period) before I pick it up. Thanks for the reply

Rob44
07-26-2014, 07:08 PM
I too purchased a Barrel from Jim he had posted on e-bay, after the barrel arrived I noticed it wasn't Blued as the ad stated,,a Couple quick e-mails and the Barrel was sent back to Jim..He said he was sorry for the Mistake and what could he do to make it good,,we decided to re=make the same barrel in Stainless steel, a couple weeks later I had a very nice 7MM-08 heavy sporter in my hands ready to get installed..I like the way Jim handled the transaction and would not hesitate to recommend him or do business with him in the future

michaelnel
08-20-2014, 06:23 AM
Jim was sure helpful to me when I called to order a barrel for my 10 FCP HS Precision 308 yesterday. First off, he was the one who answered the phone! How many times does that happen when you call to talk to a tech resource?

We went through what I wanted and settled on a .308 Criterion 28" Bull barrel in SS, NSS precision lug and barrel nut, action vise and barrel nut wrench. He advised me to get a GO gauge and skip buying a NO-GO gauge, telling me how to modify the GO to act as a more precise NO-GO gauge.

They shipped the same day and called me with confirmation they had shipped it and gave me the tracking number. The stuff will be here Monday if UPS does their part as well as NSS did theirs.

upSLIDEdown
08-20-2014, 01:41 PM
Seems this thread is a little vague with just "Jim", considering there are two of them... lol.

For the record, I had a great dealing with Jim at Apache Gun Works on my new 6.5 Creedmoor barrel! Thanks Jim!

michaelnel
08-20-2014, 11:05 PM
I think we were talking about Jim at NSS. At least I was.

Armed in Utah
08-21-2014, 10:28 PM
I think we were talking about Jim at NSS. At least I was.

yept...got a CBI SS match 260 varmint from NSS....already assembled...test fire/sight in tomorrow

Quick shipping....UPS didn't even bend it...

scooterf79
09-04-2014, 06:34 AM
When I started the thread I meant it toward Jim @ NSS, and didnt realize at the time there was another Jim, from Apache lol. I have since been in contact a couple times with Jim @ Apache and he is also great to deal with, so....I figured, theyre both Jim and both great to deal with so I left it alone lol
Scooter

FireTruckGuy
09-20-2014, 12:26 AM
Jim, you are the man! The Shilen 300WM 28" beauty showed up today, just like you said it would! Great guy to talk with and had what a guy needed, can't ask for any more then that. Brother, I will be calling again, you have a customer for life!