PDA

View Full Version : Inconsistant shots

Pages : 1 2 [3]

shooterfpga
02-01-2014, 09:58 AM
Adding more tape to the barrel/fore-end is going to lower the clearance in the tang area.

Think about a see-saw: If you raise the muzzle end, the tang end is going to go down, assuming equal contact in the action area.

I used 2 layers of elec tape between my barrel and fore-end and it worked out about right, though I still needed to sand in the tang area to get full clearance.

Yeah thats what i meant by adding more tape to the barrel. The tang clearance was sky high probably a 1/4 in or so and so i needed to drive it down more.

02-01-2014, 11:50 AM
OK, I see ... can't believe I mis-read your post. Too early, no coffee yet I guess! http://www.weldingweb.com/images/smilies/dizzy.gif

shooterfpga
02-01-2014, 11:54 AM
Haha its ok. Just glad yall are here to help especially when half the pictures of savage bedding jobs are deadlinks because theyre so old. I think i looked at about 30 different pages to piece together what i needed to do.

shooterfpga
02-02-2014, 01:20 PM
Had to redo the rear again. It came out pretty good but i had a glob that found its way past the clay. Went to knock it out and it chipped out a huge chunk... This time i used a combination of tape first and then clay for a backer on the dam to hopefully get it a cleaner line and stop those globs. Hope this one turns out good im tired of jacking with it.

oneissuevoter
02-21-2014, 04:13 PM
Prolly the flier is the last round out of the magazine.pull the mag. See if it stops fliers when hand feeding. If it is the pressure on the mag pushing the bolt face off its lugs, first check the Bolt hex is tight. Then check the action screws. Then make sure it all still free floated.

Woah- never mind just read the thread... Love it. Bedding is sooo much fun.

shooterfpga
03-01-2014, 08:50 PM
Finally was able to get it out to shoot. Bedding job definitely tightened up my groups by a lot. Night and day difference for sure.