PDA

View Full Version : SS Retirement

rjtfroggy
01-30-2014, 10:36 AM
Scope eye after your last post I decided to post about SS Disability and try to stay out of the politics of it.
IT IS A REANT SO FORGIVE ME AHEAD OF TIME

In 1995 I broke my lumbar spine, after 3 surgeries and a forced retirement from the Fire Deparment I was given 54% lumbar disability which will basicly make you 100% disabled.I was only 45 at the time and fully retired in Oct. of 1997, so I applied for SS Disability and refused becuase I was a municipal employee but had work a second full time job for 16 years while on the FD and paid into SS the whole time. Now I am about to turn 62 and applying for regular SS and have been told my monthly will be reduced by as much as 66% why? because I was a municipal employee. Now keep in mind they never reduced my payment because I was a firefighter but they are going to reduce my pay out.
Seem fair to anyone? Just another goverment policy that very few are aware of until they try to collect. Oh by the way you do not heve to be disabled they reduce all municipal employees rates according to the SS office I contacted.

LHitchcox
01-30-2014, 12:06 PM
The worst thing a person can do to hurt himself regarding government benefits is to develop a work history. Now if you had been a welfare loafer instead of working, you would have gotten a check easily.