PDA

View Full Version : Action T&T?

shoalwater
01-29-2014, 03:42 PM
Anyone used Kevin at Stockade for a T&T job? If so, how was the work and would you send him another action? I know he does a few things differently than SSS, but should be fine I think. Also thinking about using Devin at Sin Arms, anyone have experience with his T&T jobs? I appreciate everyone's input. I know SSS does great work, but the non communication is an issue for me, so I am choosing to give someone else a shot.

the Ranger
01-29-2014, 11:34 PM
I'm sorry, I'm new here. but, T&T?

missed
01-29-2014, 11:38 PM
Time and true. It is truing up and reducing machining tolerances. Timing to adjust how cocking and other things work together to make them work better. Essentially tightening machine tolerances.

shoalwater
01-30-2014, 07:39 PM
Well, I may have to eat a little crow, SSS did finally get back to me today after a week. While still not as quick a response as I would like, they did get back with me. Lisa gave me a ship date to send in my actions about two weeks from now. I was going to give Stockade a chance, but he said he does not do anything with the Axis actions. While only one of the actions is an Axis, I figure kind of dumb to ship one one place and the other somewhere else. Plus SSS is a little less expensive, which I need the savings with the amount of money I have tied up in these two builds. The stainless varmint action will finally complete my year plus 6.5 Creedmoor build, and the stainless Axis action will be used in a all purpose long range hunting rifle in 284 Winchester. I'll give a report once I get my actions back.

aubie515
01-30-2014, 08:07 PM
I had Kevin do a T&T on one of my rifles...he's awesome to talk to on the phone and turn around time was amazing....keep in mind this was a few years ago when he did mine. He did the T&T the same day the bolt arrived to him.

I cannot get SSS to reply to emails or reach them by phone. Good thing they are not the only game in town.

thomae
02-01-2014, 10:12 AM
There is an article explaining T&T in the Savage FAQ section of the website.

jayebirdwell
02-01-2014, 10:27 PM
I have had Kevin time and true 2 different actions and would not hesitate to send him another or for that matter, I would not hesitate to use him for any of the services he offers. I have been very happy with the quality of all the work he has performed for me.