PDA

View Full Version : South Louisiana Roadways

Pages : 1 [2]

rjtfroggy
01-31-2014, 11:29 AM
It should still give you some heat. Remove the squirrel cage blower, just slide it back a few inches and leave the door off if you can.
Used to work for almost any hot air unit, cold air sinks so it should push the hot air down.

barrel-nut
02-01-2014, 06:51 PM
Everything was completely iced over like your first pic over here three days ago too. Today, we're running the A/C. Louisiana weather is just bizarre.

rsh4364
02-03-2014, 07:37 PM
All our weather bizarre! Rain all day Sat.40 degrees,wake up Sun.5" snow...

BoilerUP
02-03-2014, 08:34 PM
I was in Lafayette a few years back and they got a 1/2" of snow and the entire city shut down.

The other pilot and I laughed and had fun being the only car on the road.

barrel-nut
02-03-2014, 08:59 PM
I was in Lafayette a few years back and they got a 1/2" of snow and the entire city shut down.

The other pilot and I laughed and had fun being the only car on the road.

Sounds about right. Doesn't take much around here to shut things down. Kids were out of school for three days last week due to about 2" of sleet and snow accumulation on the roads and bridges. I live about 40 miles from work and didn't miss a day. But you're right, people down here have very little experience driving in that stuff. First day of it, there were dozens of accidents and two fatalities in our area. People just won't slow down.

Dennis
02-04-2014, 12:26 AM
Wasn't implying there were - merely stating what I have and what the road conditions were like for my ride.

Slush can be driven on safely - if a person can drive safely for the conditions in the first place.

My driveway had 1/2 to 1" of "ice" on it. All bridges had at least 1/2" ice or better. Every vehicle down here is 2 wheel drive. I think it was in 1983 was the last time we had something close like this weather.

It's just something were not use to. I have talked to several doctor's and nurses who spent the night in the hospitals because the roads were shut down.

I like winter down here, but not like this. I understand road salt would have taken care of the problem, but there was no where near enough in Baton Rouge to cover all the major roads shut down.

Dennis

Rick_W
02-04-2014, 03:34 PM
You know - "almost" as bad as the weather is what has been left on the bridges & overpasses now that it's over.

Riding home on the Ultra last Friday I was in the right hand lane on US-84 headed west. As I started crossing a bridge another car passed me in the left lane and started throwing ROCKS up.

Down here on the coast, many places inland used red-dirt/clay on the road.

Even in Natchez, most of the bridges were covered in gravel and not sand.