PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: Trr-sr compensators.

AccuTrigger
01-28-2014, 08:17 PM
Hey guys,
I just picked up a Savage Trr-sr on sale at Scheels for $400. Unfortunately I don't live in a state that allows suppressors, so I was wondering if anyone knew of any .8" diameter 1/2x28 threaded compensators I might be able to check out (I'd like to have it look flush with the barrel if possible). Obviously it's not a necessity to add a compensator to a .22 seeing as there is very little, if any, muzzle rise, but I was just wondering if I could get some use out of the threaded barrel. Thanks for your time.

wlleven
01-28-2014, 08:44 PM
Hey guys,
I just picked up a Savage Trr-sr on sale at Scheels for $400. Unfortunately I don't live in a state that allows suppressors, so I was wondering if anyone knew of any .8" diameter 1/2x28 threaded compensators I might be able to check out (I'd like to have it look flush with the barrel if possible). Obviously it's not a necessity to add a compensator to a .22 seeing as there is very little, if any, muzzle rise, but I was just wondering if I could get some use out of the threaded barrel. Thanks for your time.

This company has some nice looking stuff, a few of the members of this forum have them and say they work great.

http://www.maddmacsprecisiontactical.com/savage-fvsr-compensators.html

On another note the thread on your gun is 1/2 x 28, do a Google search, there are all types of devices that you can add on to your rifle.

wll

fartsinpublic
01-29-2014, 12:18 AM
Of you don't mind a (slightly) larger O.D., there is this, too: http://www.kineti-tech.com/2-piece-muzzle-brake-with-sound-director/

Just another of the myriad 1/2-28 options that are available.

I have the MaddMacs thread protector on a Savage rimfire, and it is virtually invisible on the end of the barrel. Good stuff.

floppy ears
02-03-2014, 04:30 PM
I (as of last night) placed an order for a custom MaddMac comp for my FV-SR. From what I've seen the quality is top notch. The price of the custom comp was very reasonable if you don't find one of the standard comps to your liking. Does my rifle really need a comp? Probably not. Do I love the look of it, and the personal touch added? Absolutely.

-Jeff

rsh4364
02-03-2014, 07:23 PM
I agree Jeff,they just look so cool.