PDA

View Full Version : Where to bu and how to replace P.A.D

nathan2506
01-28-2014, 12:43 AM
Hey there just want to say my new FCNS 25-06 is probably my favorite rifle in my arsenal now. My only issue now is the recoil pad. I took the rifle out on a wolf hunt on the weekend and had it set beside me leaning on a tree with the butt on the ground. When I went to inspect it before I put it away I noticed that the tip was torn off. I have no idea where to get another. I ordered the rifle through cabbalas less that 3 months ago. I also would appreciate some directions on how to replace it if I could please. Thanks for the help guys. Oh yeah I am in Alberta, Canada if that helps on a purchase location.

bootsmcguire
01-28-2014, 01:49 AM
You may contact Savage directly and see what they can do for you, they should have a parts source for you up there.

FWIW if you have to replace, the plain rubber pads off of the Centerfeed models will interchange with the P.A.D. equipped stocks. I have been robbing P.A.D.'s and then replacing them on other stocks and all the newer ones are setup to take both (newer being the last several years circa 2008 and up IIRC). Worst case scenario put up a WTB thread here if you become a Paid Member.