PDA

View Full Version : ER Shaw barrel kit's.

Pages : 1 [2]

FW Conch
01-30-2014, 11:52 AM
If you go to the top of this page and click on Savage FAQ's, then go to the bottom of page 6, there are pictures and explanations of Large Shank and Small Shank barrels. Good Luck

RP12
01-30-2014, 12:20 PM
:focus:

badmutha6
01-30-2014, 12:58 PM
Well thanks for the info guys, I have a lot of learning to do.

KTP
01-30-2014, 08:14 PM
I'm considering a Shaw barrel for a 7 mag hunting rifle. Anyone know what the magnum contour that's on EABrown might weigh?

klr
02-01-2014, 12:08 AM
I'm considering a Shaw barrel for a 7 mag hunting rifle. Anyone know what the magnum contour that's on EABrown might weigh?

I don't know about the magnum contour on EABrown, but my Shaw magnum contour in 358 Winchester weighs almost exactly 3 lbs after I cut it down to 20." The 4" piece I cut off weighs 5.5 ounces.

AthensMatt
03-18-2019, 01:59 PM
5 year old thread opening again. At least you can tell I'm doing my searching before I ask...

Can't afford a Shilen so I'm thinking of getting a EAB barrel kit for my Model 11 308 (I think trophy hunter). I'd like to get a varmint contour (yes looking at replacing the stock also).

Is EAB still good? Should I only order if the site says "In Stock"? Should I order online or call?

Thanks!

Matt

Ryfulman
03-18-2019, 06:07 PM
5 year old thread opening again. At least you can tell I'm doing my searching before I ask...

Can't afford a Shilen so I'm thinking of getting a EAB barrel kit for my Model 11 308 (I think trophy hunter). I'd like to get a varmint contour (yes looking at replaing the stock also).
Is EAB still good? Should I only order if the site says "In Stock"? Should I order online or call
Thanks!

Matt

Hey Matt. I don’t have any experience with the Shaw barrels,but I am on my third shilen barrel and not one of them shot over 1/2moa I’d save up the extra few bucks and buy the shilen.

Texas10
03-29-2019, 07:34 PM
One other option might be to check Northland shooters supply at their clearance barrels. Some good deals there. They also sell new, take off barrels from factory rifles. One very positive opinion i can offer on the EABCO barrels is the blueing. The one I had was polished and then blued giving it a superb glossy blued finish. Very beautiful and almost unheard of today. I don't know if the current production is the same, so you might ask the question if checking into the EABCO barrel kit.

GaCop
05-26-2019, 06:57 AM
Here's how the math worked for me when rebarreling my Model 11 to .358 Winchester: $200 for the kit minus $20 off coupon = $180, recouped $20 from selling barrel wrench = $160, recouped $65 from selling factory barrel = $95 total investment. I still have the headspace guages but I'll bet they would sell for $25. If so, that would bring my total cost to rebarrel to $70. I don't see how I could get a .358 Winchester barrel for much less than that?

Here's what I ended up with. I cut and recrowned to 20" myself at no cost. I'm going to shoot cast bullets and I'm currently waiting for the weather to get better before I work up loads.

http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp330/305178/358WinMod11_zpsb21c7019.jpg (http://s424.photobucket.com/user/305178/media/358WinMod11_zpsb21c7019.jpg.html)

Very nice looking rifle.:thumb:

mnbogboy2
03-10-2022, 03:27 PM
I've bought2ofrthesekitswith260barrels.
Both shotwell andivesincerehamberedthemtoreedmoors
Theshawkitscomewithatubeof uncle Eds cleaning pastewhich in al actuality is iN bore paste. A shoot&clean break-in leaves a very smooth easytoclean bore, ithinkbwcauseof than pre paste. The wrenches cameinhandywhenineededanextra one
Igaeoneofthewrechestoa young "F class shooter when herebarreledhissavage for The firsttime. I've had several othershawarrels andtheyall shotwell

Newtosavage
03-10-2022, 10:01 PM
I was curious about the Shaw barrel kits, so I bought one. A stainless (heavy) 24" sporter in 7mm-08. I then chopped it to 20" and sent it to Twisted Barrel to have them cut six straight flutes in it. That dropped the barrel all the way down to 2 lbs. even. It now serves as my mountain rifle barrel in a sub-7 lb. rifle (all in, with a scope) and is accurate as crap. Last deer I shot with it was at 310 yards and you couldn't have drawn a better spot on the deer for the bullet to land than where it did.

That same barrel, in the same configuration, would have cost me north of $450 without the tools or gauges from anyone else and it wouldn't have shot any better.

HammerDown
03-13-2022, 01:28 AM
I was curious about the Shaw barrel kits, so I bought one. A stainless (heavy) 24" sporter in 7mm-08. I then chopped it to 20" and sent it to Twisted Barrel to have them cut six straight flutes in it. That dropped the barrel all the way down to 2 lbs. even. It now serves as my mountain rifle barrel in a sub-7 lb. rifle (all in, with a scope) and is accurate as crap. Last deer I shot with it was at 310 yards and you couldn't have drawn a better spot on the deer for the bullet to land than where it did.

That same barrel, in the same configuration, would have cost me north of $450 without the tools or gauges from anyone else and it wouldn't have shot any better.

Is Shaw still selling these barrel kits?

Chris_in_Idaho
03-13-2022, 02:03 PM
Was it this one?
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1003581118

Newtosavage
04-06-2022, 09:31 PM
Is Shaw still selling these barrel kits?

Yes.