PDA

View Full Version : Model 11 bolt assembly order

doverpack12
01-27-2014, 02:46 AM
I'm new to the forum but am a member on several other forums with the same user name. I took my model 11 bolt apart (mostly for curiosity). The question I have is the order going toward the head from the BAS on the inside. There are two springs and a small washer. One spring has a tail that holds the cocking pin in place. I'm not sure if the washer goes between the springs or between the spring and BAS. Thanks.

thomae
01-27-2014, 08:40 AM
Sounds as if you have one of the newer style bolts.
I don't have a rifle like that, so I can't answer, but have you tried the Savage Partsfinder (https://store.savagearms.com/partfinder/) to get a schematic of your rifle? You will have to enter your serial number, but hopefully the diagram that comes up when you do that will show the bolt assembly in enough detail.

While you have it apart, I would smooth the ends of the springs so they don't "dig into" anything, specifically the BAS. In addition, any polishing of moving parts shouldn't hurt.

Best of luck.

doverpack12
01-27-2014, 09:47 PM
Thanks. I disassembled the bolt again tonight and am almost positive the small washer goes between the two springs. I remember taking the BAS off and then taking the rear spring out and then I was trying how to figure out how to remove the retaining pin and used a flathead screw driver blade to push the arm of the spring toward the rear and thats when the washer and spring with the arm popped out.

drybean
01-27-2014, 09:54 PM
yep that's were she goes

drybean

doverpack12
01-27-2014, 10:41 PM
Thanks for the confirmation drybean