PDA

View Full Version : Factory Wood Stock from Numrich

AggieMPH2005
01-26-2014, 09:54 PM
I have a Stevens 200, Long Action, Centerfeed with top bolt release that I want to restock on the cheap. It looks to me like buying a factory wood stock from Numrich is the quickest, cheapest way to get a stiff stock I can use my Turner sling with. My problem is I am unsure which stock number will fit. My serial number starts with a G, so can I assume that means this is the same rifle as a Savage 110 G series? When I use that to search for a stock though Numrich says it is a staggerfeed.

Thanks for helping a new guy out.

Hotolds442
01-26-2014, 10:12 PM
Enter your serial number here:
https://store.savagearms.com/partfinder/
it will tell you what you have.
the G in your serial number does not denote series. It's used to help determine year of manufacture.
You need a Savage 110,111,112,114, or 116 stock, center feed.
The 114 Classic has very nice wood.

thomae
01-31-2014, 07:04 PM
Boyd's sells a number of stocks that will fit centerfeed long action Savage/Stevens rifles.

brasse
01-31-2014, 10:14 PM
I like the Boyds and Stocky's stocks.

But there is something really nice about the Numrich stocks, factory Savage at one third the price from Savage. I have seen at Numrich straight and Monte Carlo stocks, thumbhole and even laminated factory stocks.

AZ_GUN_NUT
02-01-2014, 11:57 AM
You can also check eBay, there's lots of Savage stocks for sale there and some at really good prices.

jpdown
02-01-2014, 05:33 PM
Since you have a Savage LA, the action hole spacing is the same for centerfeed and the old staggerfeed stocks. So you can make either style stock work with a Savage center feed. Just depends on if you want a DBM or blind magazine stock. The 114 American Classic with straight stock or MC cheek rest are american walnut with pressed checkering and plastic black ebony tip/grip cap. If the Numrich description says hardwood, then they are birch, beech or maple with a walnut stain. I would focus on finding a Savage 114 American Classic with DBM/HFP cut out. Numrich's selection is mostly discontinued Savage factory stocks.

AggieMPH2005
02-02-2014, 03:08 AM
Thanks everyone, now I am trying to narrow it down to a Hogue fully bedded stock or 114 straight comb stock. I will be shooting this with a Turner NM sling.